Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

addendum to "love them like your own"

Posted by   + Show Post

Still have many many ladies swearing they lovem like their own. Even getting insulted.

But yet, every single day on this forum we are littered with posts about how many SM's used to love them like their own.....until they entered their teens and now they are using this forum to help teach them how to disengage.

Not to mention all the blabber about how you would NEVER let your taxes go to pay your husbands arrearages for these children you love like your own. Fucked up huh?

Then lets add in the fact that the same women answering the other post will not pitch in a dime towards a college fund for the shitty teens they are going to hate and disengage from someday.

Post after post after post in this forum and others like it, fly's in the face of this "Love them like my own" statement that gets thrown around.

In fact......there isnt alot of any kind of love for these children on this forum. Not the kind a REAL parent would have.

Older and wiser voices can always help you find the right path, if only you are willing to listen. - Jimmy Buffet
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 2:18 PM
Replies (51-52):
dallas4nu
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 11:17 AM
Love is an action not just an emotion. Imo, you cant tell your sc, "I love you like my own, BUT..." For bm, there is never a 'but'. Whether its financial reasons, other bkids, it doesn't matter. Everything is incorporated - because love isn't an emotion, its an action.

Idk if that makes sense. It's hard to explain my thoughts on a computer lol
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
helcat
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:44 AM

What kind of person takes a well intenioned positive statement that can do no harm; ONLY GOOD, and make it ugly?  Ranting and raving about someone expressing love?  You're RIDICULOUS!  Get real and open your eyes to this world.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN