Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

step daughter hurting family dinamic

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 4:15 AM
  • 34 Replies
My step daughter 5 is hurting my family. She comes over disconnected. Doesn't play with other siblings or even her own toys. Gets easily angry over silly things. Blames others for own mistakes. Does not follow direction. She seems to be in her own world and does not recollect any behavior exhibited. She sees no wrong in being this way often excuses actions as being your faulth. She seems completely unaware of her surroundings. It causes conflict with my relationship and also with my children. She seems blank. Lost. And annoyed. Please help
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 4:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
1lv2stks3nlz4ev
by Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 4:32 AM
1 mom liked this

Sounds like a confused, hurting and sad little girl.

abbymommy4
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 4:38 AM
I know a lot of this is influenced by her mother but no matter what I do she's unresponsive.

Quoting abbymommy4:

My step daughter 5 is hurting my family. She comes over disconnected. Doesn't play with other siblings or even her own toys. Gets easily angry over silly things. Blames others for own mistakes. Does not follow direction. She seems to be in her own world and does not recollect any behavior exhibited. She sees no wrong in being this way often excuses actions as being your faulth. She seems completely unaware of her surroundings. It causes conflict with my relationship and also with my children. She seems blank. Lost. And annoyed. Please help

momofcg
by Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 4:58 AM
1 mom liked this
Have her evaluated by a doctor or a counselor
abbymommy4
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 5:02 AM
I can't unfortunately. And her mother is objective to any idea of that. I worry for her but my children are hurting.

Quoting momofcg:

riverofgrass
by Bronze Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 7:43 AM
1 mom liked this

What does you DH have to say about all of this?

whatIknownow
by Ruby Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 7:54 AM
2 moms liked this

how much time does her dad spend with her when she she visits him? how involved is he in her life?

Have her Dad and Mom talked together about her possible depression and issues?

whatIknownow
by Ruby Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 7:55 AM

why do you feel this is influenced by her mother? Does her mother say she behaves this same way at home?

What does her teacher (or daycare provider?) say?

Quoting abbymommy4:

I know a lot of this is influenced by her mother but no matter what I do she's unresponsive.

Quoting abbymommy4:

riverofgrass
by Bronze Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 8:07 AM

I am with whatknownow....my SD is almost 8 and she has been having "issues" with transitions and at school.  I talked to my DH, he talked to the BM...they talked to the school...they are looking for a counselor to see if that will help her.   

While we could say oh BM is brainwashing her...why would we?  It doesn't help the child and it puts mmore distance between BM and BF who needs to be together on helpng thier kid.  if the BM is just "one of those", because there are some who are...then check DH agreement, most of the time each parent has the right to take the child to get counseling without the other parents consent,

mostly...Think about how hard and confusing it it for this little girl and do some reading and educate your self and your DH on what you can do to help her.  If you keep with the point of view your wrote above, that little kid who has no idea of her emotions or what's is going on really is just going to get worse

sid1083
by Bronze Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 11:40 AM
1 mom liked this
Does she act like that at her mother's? Has dad put in a real effort to talk to her about what/why she is doing what she's doing?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
abbymommy4
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 1:21 PM
He usually allows her to do her thing because its so hard to get her to connect. And her mom is in denile.

Quoting abbymommy4:

I can't unfortunately. And her mother is objective to any idea of that. I worry for her but my children are hurting.

Quoting momofcg:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured