Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

A SM friend just posted this question on FB

Posted by   + Show Post
She has two young kids and a 12 year old SS..
She asked:
If your almost 13 year old had a cell phone or ipod, should you as a parent know the passcode.

I said yes.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 9:35 PM
Replies (51-60):
workoutmom2b1g
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 6:49 AM

Great rule!! 

Quoting KRIZZ25:

my kids dont have phones..ower rule if u can afford to buy it and keep time on it u can have it ..but i will know the pass word.

chasinrainbows
by Gold Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 6:50 AM
I know the passcodes to my DS13's stuff and he knows I check up on him. I don't know the passcodes to DF's ds12's stuff and I really don't care to. His mom keeps up with his stuff.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
dallascowboys82
by Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 6:55 AM
Yes..I have her passwords.
TJandKarasMom
by Bronze Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 7:17 AM
Yep. My kids have iPods, no passcode except to the restrictions which is my passcode and they don't know it, lol. They are only 9 and 10. They also know we can take it and read their texts any time, that was the agreement to them getting text messaging. I think there will be a contract when they get cell phones.
angelmommy2806
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 7:47 AM
We have the codes and passwords to everything. When they're out on their own they can do what they want how they want.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SavesSpiders
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 8:39 AM

I have it, but never use it.  I make sure I'm friends with them on FB and all that so I can see what they're up to without snooping.  I think that because they know I have the code, they stay in check.  

Tigress22304
by Platinum Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 8:45 AM

In our home (and BM's) if you have a password for ANYTHING-the parents are to know what that password is-otherwise you're not allowed to have it.

(it's how bm's ss  lost his FB-changed his password and refused to give it to his dad)

AidansMomMom
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:08 AM

My son is too young for a phone or anything, but when he has one I'll respect his privacy and let him keep his own password until he does something that makes me feel like I can't trust him.

wonderouslife84
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:53 AM

my kids will never have fb, twitter, or a fucking phone until i say its ok... then i get to know everything on that damn thing....

sandeeyo
by Le Bonjour Chat on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:53 AM

That's exactly what SD#2 said about her sister! LOL

Quoting GleekingOut:

Lol my DD claimed she needed a password to keep her sisters away from her phone

Quoting sandeeyo:

Our almost 12-year old skids are told that there are no passcodes on anything and if they have to have one, it means that they've got something on there that shouldn't be there.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)