Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

Funerals and children!

Posted by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 11:14 AM
  • 22 Replies

My exs uncle died and the showing is on Tuesday which is his day. he wants to switch to wednesday which normally i wouldn't have a problem but wouldn't the funeral be that day and we discussed our children going to funerals and decided that unless it was one of our parents who the kids are close to they shouldn't go. what would you do?

by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 11:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
WifeyC
by Platinum Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 11:16 AM

Maybe the funeral is in the morning, before he gets the kids.  Try asking him if he plans on taking the kids.

momoftwo902
by Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 11:19 AM

i doubt that he would tell e because he knows i wouldnt let them go. and its to late after the fact. i will ask but i dont beleive they have any bussiness going.

Quoting WifeyC:

Maybe the funeral is in the morning, before he gets the kids.  Try asking him if he plans on taking the kids.

WifeyC
by Platinum Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 11:20 AM
1 mom liked this

That's the great part about not being with the Father of your children.  You can't decide what he does with the kids on his time.

Quoting momoftwo902:

i doubt that he would tell e because he knows i wouldnt let them go. and its to late after the fact. i will ask but i dont beleive they have any bussiness going.

Quoting WifeyC:

Pero1
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 11:40 AM

How old are the kids?

Lorena
by Bronze Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 11:42 AM
2 moms liked this
My kids go to all funerals of family members if we go.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
momoftwo902
by Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 12:04 PM

I know alot of people do this and its fine for them but we discussed this and agreed we didnt. it is the custody agreement under joint legal custody that we have to agree on. i dont think they need to when they werent that close to certain people and thats just how i feel. But he tends do what his mother wants with no regards to whats best for our children which is why i think he might be taking them.

Quoting Lorena:

Lorena
by Bronze Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 12:09 PM
unfortunately he can do what he wants on his parenting time. Just because you both ageeed on it doesn't mean he is going to follow it. Bm does that all the time.

Quoting momoftwo902:

I know alot of people do this and its fine for them but we discussed this and agreed we didnt. it is the custody agreement under joint legal custody that we have to agree on. i dont think they need to when they werent that close to certain people and thats just how i feel. But he tends do what his mother wants with no regards to whats best for our children which is why i think he might be taking them.

Quoting Lorena:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
WifeyC
by Platinum Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 12:10 PM

Does your CO specifically mention funerals?

Quoting momoftwo902:

momoftwo902
by Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 12:30 PM

yes

Quoting WifeyC:

Does your CO specifically mention funerals?

Quoting momoftwo902:

MomGoingCrazy78
by Lindy Lou on Jan. 28, 2013 at 12:45 PM

BM tried to fight DH on letting SD go to family's funerals. DH won and SD was able to go. DH gets to determine what SD does on his time. It's also in the CO that they both have to agree on funerals and family events is how I think it's worded. Now BM doesn't say anything about family events as they come up. BM decides her time, DH decideds his time.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)