Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

Red Headed Step... Mother! I guess that's what I get!

Posted by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:00 PM
  • 54 Replies
So I get off from work and its plying down rain. I have to drive an hour home in flood conditions. So I call my husband and ask him to please put the lasagna in the oven. I will be able to make the sides when I get home.

"Sure" he says.

I'm exhausted and wet from rain and all I want to do is take a shower so I'm really excited to know this is taken care of. *Huge sigh* what a relief!

I get home and he announces to me "I didn't put the lasagna in because I've made dinner every other night this week and I didn't feel like it, sorry."

I'm one of those "pick your battles" types and I'm really tired and I know I'll be bitchy so I drop it.

But last night I made egg salad sandwiches, Monday I made chicken cacciatore, Sunday I bought his ass some Taco Bell, I honestly don't remember Saturday's dinner he might have made that one, and Friday I made BBQ spare ribs.

But who's keeping score.

So anyway, I put the damn thing in the oven.

Then I tell my stepdaughter to go take a shower. Then I start to get stuff ready so I can go up stairs and take one of my own whole the lasagna cooks! A blessing in disguise I guess, now maybe ill shower earlier than I thought.

Meanwhile...

My 5 year old stepson has been farting like crazy. Finally as I'm about to sneak off for a shower I see him head to the bathroom.

Finally!

Well he's been going through a poop but not wipe phase. So I knock on the door and remind him, please wipe!

Then I make a selfish choice, I decide to shower now, and not wait for my stepson to finish in the bathroom so I can inspect.

I go to the livingroom where my husband, his father, is texting on his phone.

"Stepson is in the bathroom. He's popping. I want to take a shower. Can you make sure he wipes properly? Or do you need me I wait?"

"I can handle things you know. I am his father."

"I never said you couldn't. Will you do this for me please? Or, do you want me to wait?"

"I don't see what your problem is. He's my son, I can do it."

"Okay thanks, Ill be in the shower if you have problems."

--------

I get out of the shower and the first thing I notice is that Stepson is wearing different pants. So I ask:

"Stepson why did you change your pants?"

"Because I wanted to."

"Why did you want to?"

"Because my other pants had water on them."

"How did they get water on them?"

"I was washing my hands."

"Okay. If you are lying to me you will be in big trouble. Do you want to tell me again?"

"They ha water AND poop on them."

"Did they get water on them because you tried to wash the poop off by yourself?"

"Yes."

"How did they get poop on them?"

"I didn't wipe my butt."

"Do the pants you have on now have poop on them?"

"I don't know."

"Did you wipe before you put them on?"

"No."

"Let's check then, I bet they do."

---------

They did. Go figure.

So I get my stepson some clean clothes and a towel and tell him to go take a shower.

Then I ask my DH if he helped him wipe.

"Uh, I forgot."

I just sigh and go to the bathroom he used to grab a hair brush. Maybe now I can finish my shower routine.

Nope!

There are are five year old sized poopy hand prints on the toilet seat, sink handles, counter, TP roll, mirror, flusher, an floor.

Great!

So I call DH in to show him what happens when he doesn't do what he says he will. DH gets all mad.

"You got me up for this?! *grooooannn* I'm going back to the living room."

Did he help clean up?

No!

So I got to! Yay!

Again, pick my battles. I'm trying really hard to avoid a shouting match. My husband has never a day in his life cleaned poop, and would have took off for the rest of the night in a rage if I'd asked him to.

Oh well.

I guess that's what I get for asking him to chip in.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
grownsexy
by Bronze Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:03 PM

You are such a good wife. I would have had him clean the poop. Sorry he said it was his son and he could do and he should would have.

KnowItAll
by Silver Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:06 PM
Rage it would have to be then. He didn't do what he said, therefore I'd lie down and die before I cleaned up that poop.
whatIknownow
by Ruby Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:07 PM
8 moms liked this

I'm sorry...

I have a frying pan you can borrow...

kristinbugg
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:12 PM
You're a better woman than me! I would have FLIPPED on DH.
kappalopokis
by Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:12 PM
He has an extra large head, I think a wok is in order!

Quoting whatIknownow:

I'm sorry...

I have a frying pan you can borrow...

kappalopokis
by Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:14 PM
I don't want my little boy thinking we're fighting because of him, ever, or I wouldn't have let it go.

Quoting kristinbugg:

You're a better woman than me! I would have FLIPPED on DH.

Lorena
by Bronze Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:14 PM
You re bigger then me. If he didn't put dinner I would have taken the kids out to eat and he could figure out his own dinner. And he would have been cleaning the poop.
saywhat2102
by Gold Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:15 PM
1 mom liked this
May I suggest the shit covered clothes as his pillow case? Ugh...yea I would not be a happy camper!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kappalopokis
by Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:16 PM
Oh I'm pissed.

Quoting saywhat2102:

May I suggest the shit covered clothes as his pillow case? Ugh...yea I would not be a happy camper!

newstepmom61811
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:16 PM
1 mom liked this
I rarely cuss...oh FUCK no, no way I would have put up with all that shit...literally...I would have taken the kids...out to eat, left his ass hungry. Put SS poopy pants in the driver's seat of his car or better yet on his pillow do he'd know just how I felt about dealing with it and he would have to deal with it and he would have had a raging lunatic wife on his hands. I.am.just.not.that.nice.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)