Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

Strange and awkward

Posted by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 10:23 PM
  • 19 Replies
So the skids are here for the midweek overnight. They get to the house and ss9 says "dad look wha I found at moms house! The ring you threw when you left! Then mom showed you the middle finger when you were driving away. It was hard to find." Said all matter of fact, and hands SO his wedding ring o_O

This happened when he was 6. And so weird that he found it now. Was he looking all that time? Or did he happen upon it? And I'm amazed it wasn't found until now because BM keeps a very clean home.

Awkward all around.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 10:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Susie19
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 10:25 PM

LOL That definitely is very weird!  o_0

MrsRinehart2010
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 10:25 PM

if he seen all that he may have been looking for it all that time which is sounds like he was . or he stumbled apon it an remember all that. Sucks he had to see all that but just shows kids rememeber every thing lol

PumpkinSpice8
by Silver Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 10:26 PM
Wow. That's a little different. Lol. What did DH do with the ring?
soonergirl980
by Gold Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 10:28 PM

Is it possible mom had it put up somewhere (jewelry box for example) Sk went snooping found it and asked mom what it was and then she let him keep it?

I ask because I had something kinda similar happen to me not that long ago. ODD was snooping in my jewelry box and found an OOOLLLLLDDDD necklace I got from an ex boyfriend in HS. She asked what it was I told her and she asked why I don't wear it I said it's not really my style anymore (it's kind of a childish necklace) and I told she could have it.

faerie75
by Platinum Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 10:58 PM
No probably not, because she would have pawned or sold it. She was very angry when they first broke up. She sold his tools and his clothes . I'm thinking it got wedged somewhere and ss9 remembered for some reason and looked for it.

Kids remember everything :( he seemed non plussed but I found it kind of sad

Quoting soonergirl980:

Is it possible mom had it put up somewhere (jewelry box for example) Sk went snooping found it and asked mom what it was and then she let him keep it?

I ask because I had something kinda similar happen to me not that long ago. ODD was snooping in my jewelry box and found an OOOLLLLLDDDD necklace I got from an ex boyfriend in HS. She asked what it was I told her and she asked why I don't wear it I said it's not really my style anymore (it's kind of a childish necklace) and I told she could have it.

faerie75
by Platinum Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 11:00 PM
HE said he's gonna sell it. He can keep it of he wants though, Idc. I dot think he will though.

Quoting PumpkinSpice8:

Mommyof5247
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 12:34 PM
That would be awkward. I know kids remember a lot but I thought his mom may have helped with some of those details too. You know them better than anyone of course, just funny timing.
faerie75
by Platinum Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:07 PM

lol no she wouldnt admit that to them she plays perfect mommy and limits cursing. she flipped him off heat of the moment.

SO talked to ss9 about it. he found it on top of the shelf in the fake plant. he was lookling for spare change for his piggy bank.

my son remembers his dad hitting me in the face in the car when he was 2.

AtillaTheHun
by facta, non verba on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:24 PM

My husband sold his old wedding ring, too. He said there is no reason to keep something that reminds him of so much misery. 

Quoting faerie75:

HE said he's gonna sell it. He can keep it of he wants though, Idc. I dot think he will though.

Quoting PumpkinSpice8:

AtillaTheHun
by facta, non verba on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:25 PM

It´s amazing what kids can remember. I do agree with you though, it is sad that he has such a vivid recollection of what has taken place. 

Quoting faerie75:

lol no she wouldnt admit that to them she plays perfect mommy and limits cursing. she flipped him off heat of the moment.

SO talked to ss9 about it. he found it on top of the shelf in the fake plant. he was lookling for spare change for his piggy bank.

my son remembers his dad hitting me in the face in the car when he was 2.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)