Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

Not sure what to think or say about this… a little more info…

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:04 AM
  • 16 Replies
So the other day I was picking my SS8 up from school when I over heard him talking to his friend. His friend was saying that him and his SM do not get along and he does not like her. My SS who is 8 WAY immature and not sure he could come up with this on his own said "My BM has not talked to me in over a year if it were not for my SM I would not have a mom. I don't like my BM and I don't ever want to talk to her again. She is not my mom anymore".

His BM has made no effort to contact anyone in regards to my SS in 1yr and 7mons. The last time she made contact was to tell me she was pregnant with my DHs baby. (NO she was not the last time he was in the state she was I was there too). Plus she was not pregnant at all. Before that it had been about a yr and 3 mons since the last time she had tried to contact anyone.

I not sure if I should act like I didn't hear it or if I should say something, and if I should say something why should I say?

Oh ya one more small detail.... She has openly admitted that she wants nothing to do with my SS because his dad wants nothin to do with her so they can both rote in hell???
My SS does not even know his BM he has not seen her since he was 2 and has talked to her as many times as I can count on my hand. The only reason he knows anything about her is because he has heard my DH and his family talk about her and the bull shit she pulled with me when she found out I was pregnant.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jj4ij
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:06 AM
3 moms liked this
Just feel good about how he feels about you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
angirose
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 3:27 AM
1 mom liked this

exactly.....Feel blessed that he is greatful for you and what you do for him. I wouldnt bring it up that you heard him talking to his friend.  It might just confuse him even more. And you would be surprised how smart 8 yr olds are today......  :0)

btw....good job momma!!!

USBrit
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 7:54 AM
1 mom liked this

I wouldn't say anything about it. Just feel good that he feels good about you and secure in your love for him.

Moshes
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:04 AM

Not a word to him, but feel free to have that private moment where you melt. It is awesome that he feels that way about you. 

WifeyC
by Platinum Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:04 AM

Say nothing

702Runnerd
by Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 12:29 PM

Say nothing...enjoy the moment!!!

gibro19
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 3:17 PM

wow. you are pretty lucky that your SS thinks so highly of you. I would just keep that moment for you. It's too special to talk out.

keep doing what you are doing - it's working!

DDDaysh
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:22 PM
What is there to say?

My son told his daycare lady once that he wished his dad would die.... THAT I had to address, but nothing you overheard was that bad. I wouldn't bring it up unless he talks to you about it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MamaMoopsie
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:36 PM
1 mom liked this

Don't bring it up. If anything you can see how he's dealing with BM's abandoment, but from my experience little boys don't really want to talk about how much they love their moms (step or otherwise). It would probably embarrass him to know you overheard.

Polkadotted
by Gold Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:49 PM

I'd just act like I didn't hear it unless there was an opening somewhere that came up to talk about it.

Do you have someone in mind you think fed him that?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN