Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

BM just texted me...

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 2:59 PM
  • 4 Replies

She asked if we had any "sickies' at our house. I told her no and asked if SD was sick (SD went back to BM yesterday morning and was fine). BM said no but her little boy has the flu and she was going to have SD stay with us tonight (we are supposed to get her tomorrow) so that SD won't get sick. I said ok, not a problem (I can move schedules around a little bit, have before and probably will a million more times!).

BM has never asked us to take SD when anyone else in their house is sick, so I'm really happy that she's thinking about SD and not wanting her to get sick. BM said everyone in the house (except SD) is on tamiflu right now. Sure hope it doesn't come to our house!!

by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 2:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Birdseed
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 3:02 PM

SD has already been exposed.  It's really not going to do her any good to go elsewhere though I can appreciate the gesture.  But these viruses are typically shedding well before someone becomes symptomatic and then until they're not.

so from a disease standpoint, SD is probably already exposed and taking her back into your house is more likely to make everyone sick.

Not that there's any issue w/ you taking SD back to your place.  That's great.  We used to try to keep the kids separate when they were sick too.  But it rarely worked.  

Good luck!

LovingMy2x4
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 3:03 PM

I hope you guys dont get the flu too!

Everytime one of my skids get sick, BM calls freaking out asking if "HER kids" are sick. Funny thing is, the skids are always the ones who get it first!

Thats where I thought your post was going....Im glad it was opposite!

MomGoingCrazy78
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 3:09 PM

BM said she kept SD "separated" from them last night so she was "safe." I kid you not, that's what she said.

Since we were going to have SD tomorrow anyway, we'll all be exposed sooner or later. I've been loading my kids and SD up on vitamins, orange juice, you name it just to try and keep them well. 

Quoting Birdseed:

SD has already been exposed.  It's really not going to do her any good to go elsewhere though I can appreciate the gesture.  But these viruses are typically shedding well before someone becomes symptomatic and then until they're not.

so from a disease standpoint, SD is probably already exposed and taking her back into your house is more likely to make everyone sick.

Not that there's any issue w/ you taking SD back to your place.  That's great.  We used to try to keep the kids separate when they were sick too.  But it rarely worked.  

Good luck!

MomGoingCrazy78
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 3:11 PM

That's where I thought her texts were going when I read the first one. I was surprised to find out differently... SD is sick a lot more than my kids ever are (there's a long story behind that). I always text or email BM and let her know if either of my kids are sick and SD has been around. I think it's courteous to do so. She rarely ever returns that.

Quoting LovingMy2x4:

I hope you guys dont get the flu too!

Everytime one of my skids get sick, BM calls freaking out asking if "HER kids" are sick. Funny thing is, the skids are always the ones who get it first!

Thats where I thought your post was going....Im glad it was opposite!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)