Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

If you recieve child support how do u spend it?

Posted by   + Show Post

I have 3 kids that are not my husbands and i get child support for them and he also has 2 other children that are not mine and then we have one together. he feels like i should use my child support for everyone, including buying him stuff and paying the bills. we always fight about it cause i feel like i should just be spending it onthe 3 kids that its for and he just sees it completly differently from me. i feel like its for my kids, its not new husband and stepkid support its child support for my 3 children. do u spend your child support on your stepkids and husband?

by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 3:00 PM
Replies (41-50):
Mommy0505
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 5:13 PM
I don't consider CS any different than I do my other income. All $ going into mine & DH's account (we have completely joined financed) is for our family. We budget and make decisions with everyones interest in mind.

If we can't afford music lessons for one, then we don't just give them to the child for which CS is received...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
WifeyC
by Platinum Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 5:22 PM
My nails
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
WifeyC
by Platinum Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 5:24 PM
Fixin? Girl you aren't in the south!

Quoting whatIknownow:

I'll tell you one thing... my DD21 is fixin to graduate from college in May, and then CS for her stops!

WAAAAHHHHH. My ex (well, his wife really) pays $850 per month in CS for our two kids (DD21 and DS19), and now I guess it will be cut in half.

UGH. Good thing I'm getting that trip to Aruba in before the gravy train dries up!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
whatIknownow
by Emerald Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 5:27 PM

yeah but it just sounded cooler.

Quoting WifeyC:

Fixin? Girl you aren't in the south!

Quoting whatIknownow:

I'll tell you one thing... my DD21 is fixin to graduate from college in May, and then CS for her stops!

WAAAAHHHHH. My ex (well, his wife really) pays $850 per month in CS for our two kids (DD21 and DS19), and now I guess it will be cut in half.

UGH. Good thing I'm getting that trip to Aruba in before the gravy train dries up!

FresshAir
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 5:36 PM

We don't get CS, but my DH does pay it out, so I can offer my input from that perspective.  We have seen how BM chooses to spend the money to a certain degree - expensive handbags, a new car, lots of travel, etc.  I do see SD in clothes that are stained and don't fit.  If we wanted to, we could get upset about this.  But honestly, we really don't concern ourselves with what happens to the money after it leaves our hands.  Really - it never ever even comes up in conversation.  It would be different if BM was evicted/homeless and didn't pay for medical and school needs, but since we aren't dealing with that, how she spends the money is the least of our worries.  My advice: Give yourself a break.  IMO the money is a part of your income and it should be spent they way you see fit.  Life is stressful enough; choose your battles wisely.   

jlg12678
by Gold Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 5:55 PM
1 mom liked this

My ex and I do 50/50.  I could file for child support (he makes a lot more than I do) but do not and will not for the simple fact that I personally do not believe it is fair to have child support in a 50/50 split.  Also, my ex has always gone above and beyond for our child without any encouragement on my end. 

Child support should be used to support this kids. This can include rent, utilities, clothing, ec's, toys, whatever.

Are you contributing any $$$ to your home?  If you are working and contributing to household bills I'd say use the support for your kids alone. If not, I can see the point your husband is trying to make.

liltigersmom
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 6:20 PM
Goes into savings.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lorena
by Bronze Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 6:33 PM
We just stared getting cs from bm. We have gotten 2 checks on our card we just touched it yet. However, we will use it for bills and what not. If we do speand any on my kids it would be a family thing. I will not speand it on just them. My boys get ssi and I do not even speand that on my dd. That is for them just as cs is just for my SKs.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
abigailsmommy11
by Kelli on Jan. 31, 2013 at 7:15 PM
If we got child support, I would put some towards rent, some towards food and then save fir when they need new shoes/clothes. It's supposed to be for living expenses, so I feel that some should go toward bills.
abigailsmommy11
by Kelli on Jan. 31, 2013 at 7:19 PM
Quoting jlg12678:

My ex and I do 50/50.  I could file for child support (he makes a lot more than I do) but do not and will not for the simple fact that I personally do not believe it is fair to have child support in a 50/50 split.  Also, my ex has always gone above and beyond for our child without any encouragement on my end. 

Child support should be used to support this kids. This can include rent, utilities, clothing, ec's, toys, whatever.

Are you contributing any $$$ to your home?  If you are working and contributing to household bills I'd say use the support for your kids alone. If not, I can see the point your husband is trying to make.

You are awesome! I wish Bm would appreciate my husband like you appreciate your ex. He's always been such a good daddy and pays way more than his fair share. Yet she makes it so hard for him to spend time with her. * sigh*
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN