Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If you recieve child support how do u spend it?

Posted by   + Show Post

I have 3 kids that are not my husbands and i get child support for them and he also has 2 other children that are not mine and then we have one together. he feels like i should use my child support for everyone, including buying him stuff and paying the bills. we always fight about it cause i feel like i should just be spending it onthe 3 kids that its for and he just sees it completly differently from me. i feel like its for my kids, its not new husband and stepkid support its child support for my 3 children. do u spend your child support on your stepkids and husband?

by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 3:00 PM
Replies (81-81):
nyomilooney
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 5:12 PM

the utility bill is water, power and gas combined and i also pay the trash bill and internet  bill.he pays rent and car payment, which is his car not mine. he cashes his check at a bank and keeps it all in his pocket. and my cs is put on  a debit card. i help out a lot with household stuff. i mainly meant like extra stuff, like going out and just giving him money to buy stuff while hes at work and spending it on extra stuff for his kids. thats the kind of stuff i dont feel like i should  have to spend it on, especially when i only get $950 a month total for my 3 kids and he makes at least 2300 a month

Quoting Troubleswife:

Huh? How do you not have an account? Who pays the bills? And how?

I think it sounds unfair. You aren't working and the CS isn't going toward anything other in the home other than a utility bill and some food.

There's garbage, water, power, gas, and a biggie RENT,

Why don't you two sit down and write up a list of all the household bills and then divide that by how many people live in the home. Split Food by the proportion that they are actually in the home.

That will give you both a better idea who is paying what portion.

Oh, and why is he cashing his check and putting it in his pocket?? Who does that?

Quoting nyomilooney:

we dont  have a bank account, he cashes his check every week and keeps it in his pocket and my cs gets put onto a debit card.

Quoting Troubleswife:

Question:  Do you allocate money from child support to go toward household costs like the house, utilities and food?  That's what it's for.

If you don't share checking accounts then some of the child support should pay into an account in addition to your husband's portion as well as his kids.

If you do share a checking account then there should also be a portion taken from children support to compensate for the above and the rest can be used for activities, clothes, shoes and any other needs for your kids.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured