Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

getting close to the end *edit*

Posted by   + Show Post
Custody court is coming up very soon. I won't say when because IDK if anyone that could know bm is on here. That is part of my question. OK first....I'm REALLY excited that it's about to be over. The problem is....BMs attorney dropped her for non payment so I don't think BM knows about the court date. Should I tell her? We don't want to win by default. We want to win because we're the better environment for SD. Then again....if she can't make sure she's prepared for court...as in knowing what the date is...how is it our responsibility to tell her. I would want someone to tell me. IDK what to do. I'm torn. Any advise?

*edit*
I forgot to add that her house burnt down and IDK if she checks the mail there anymore. She may but I'm not sure.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 6:36 PM
Replies (41-44):
stepdiva
by Bronze Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:28 PM
I think if she wants to know there must be ways for her to find out. If it was my kid and there was a custody hearing, I'd camp out at the court til I saw bd show up, but that's just me. She must know something Iegal is happening. I don't think it's up to you to inform her. She could have put in a mail forwarding notuce when she no longer occupied her house. She didnt have to physically be in that house to do that. She is an adult and needs to act like one.
If you win by default, it's because you obviously provide a better situation. I don't think you should feel guilty.
dbush0584
by Bronze Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:51 PM
I would do the same thing. As I replied to someone else....NOTHING could keep me from my child.

Thanks for you're input. I'm so happy that so many of you ladies care or even just understand.

Quoting stepdiva:

I think if she wants to know there must be ways for her to find out. If it was my kid and there was a custody hearing, I'd camp out at the court til I saw bd show up, but that's just me. She must know something Iegal is happening. I don't think it's up to you to inform her. She could have put in a mail forwarding notuce when she no longer occupied her house. She didnt have to physically be in that house to do that.

If you win by default, it's because you obviously provide a better situation. I don't think you should feel guilty.
Connecting
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 1:28 PM

Maybe let him fight this battle and take care of yourself?  We women are always taking on battles that men really need to address.  A big hug!

dbush0584
by Bronze Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 4:18 PM
Why does someone ALWAYS have to come with this? I'm not fighting his battles...i'm also not letting him fight them alone....I'm just trying to get others perspectives so maybe he can see how other people feel or would feel. I do worry about myself but seeing as we are united as one that tends to mean that we are in things together. If he is stressed i'm stressed. We work together. He helps me with my trials and tribulations and I in turn help him. Our relationship is amazing and we do not argue or anything...so apparently being concerned with his problems as well as my own works pretty well. Thank you for the hugs but there is no reason to be condescending. Maybe sm minding her own business works with some relationships but ours is just not like that. Thank you for your opinion though.

Quoting Connecting:

Maybe let him fight this battle and take care of yourself?  We women are always taking on battles that men really need to address.  A big hug!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)