Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

Normal for moms to attack each other?

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 7:21 PM
  • 31 Replies
1 mom liked this

I am new to the site - so of course I am getting the "feel" for the land.

My first post - was me venting and just letting all my feeling out over an issue with my SD. The women that responded were nothing short of amazingly supportive and kind.

I have noticed after reading some other posts however, that some responses have been nothing short of rude and combative.

2 posts that I responded to have been removed??

Is this normal behavior on Cafe Mom? I was under the impression that moms could come here for support, advice or just have a place to chat. Didn't know that my grammer and opinions were fuel for personal attacks.

Say it ain't so...

by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 7:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PumpkinSpice8
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 7:27 PM
2 moms liked this

Yes, it is normal behavior for cafemom. You are putting a boat load of women in one place from all walks of life with some loud opinions and  the shield of being anonymous by means of a computer in front of them... its bound to get catty. BUT there are some really good groups here and you can get REALLY good advice. Just know if you are in the wrong though, you're going to hear it.

saywhat2102
by Gold Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 7:31 PM
2 moms liked this
I will give you advice all day long but, if your full of shit I will tell you about it.

This is an online forum. If you put anything on here you will get all types of answers. Weed through the ones ya don't like and keep the ones ya do.

This is a group all of all types of stepmoms some are csm some are ncps. Very deal is diff.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AshieBeth_Xo
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 7:33 PM
4 moms liked this
I'm so glad you posted this aNd I completely agree! People are so mean! I feel like everytime I
Post anything I must prepare to defend myself!
gibro19
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 7:51 PM

What a shame!!

It's not like we don't have it hard enough as it is...

It's one thing to have an opinion, but what about showing tact and respect for others.

Dunno - maybe it's just me - but I don't think it's necessary to kick someone when they are down. I mean what are we teaching our children. What examples are we trying to set for them if we think it's ok to speak to strangers in a derogatory way?

Guess I will heed the advise given and just beware.

Thanks ladies!!

Quoting AshieBeth_Xo:

I'm so glad you posted this aNd I completely agree! People are so mean! I feel like everytime I

whatIknownow
by Emerald Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 7:54 PM
2 moms liked this

the most brutal advice I ever got on an on-line forum, changed my life, and saved my marriage and family.

gibro19
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:07 PM

Everyone responds to things differently that's for sure.

Glad to know that advice given on an online forum was truly helpful to you.

In the end - that's all I can hope for.

Quoting whatIknownow:

the most brutal advice I ever got on an on-line forum, changed my life, and saved my marriage and family.

sandeeyo
by Le Bonjour Chat on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:11 PM
You hard-ass bitch!!!

Quoting saywhat2102:

I will give you advice all day long but, if your full of shit I will tell you about it.

This is an online forum. If you put anything on here you will get all types of answers. Weed through the ones ya don't like and keep the ones ya do.

This is a group all of all types of stepmoms some are csm some are ncps. Very deal is diff.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
momof2ex1
by Ruby Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:13 PM
My children are not on cafemom or the Internet so luckily they aren't going to learn anything from here.

Quoting gibro19:

What a shame!!

It's not like we don't have it hard enough as it is...

It's one thing to have an opinion, but what about showing tact and respect for others.

Dunno
- maybe it's just me - but I don't think it's necessary to kick someone
when they are down. I mean what are we teaching our children. What
examples are we trying to set for them if we think it's ok to speak to
strangers in a derogatory way?

Guess I will heed the advise given and just beware.

Thanks ladies!!

Quoting AshieBeth_Xo:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
saywhat2102
by Gold Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:14 PM
1 mom liked this
Lol! I'm always the damn nice one! You know how I am! Your the mean one bahahahahahaha:-D

Quoting sandeeyo:

You hard-ass bitch!!!

Quoting saywhat2102:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
newstepmom61811
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:20 PM
3 moms liked this

Advice I've taken here about a SMs role with SKs has definitely backfired in my home. I find the advice here conflicted,angry, imbalanced,impractical, and biased. The only advice I found useful was advice on how to just cut a difficult BM off and not deal, she isn't my problem, ever. That did work wonders for me. I'm in several groups. Some are definitely more supportive than others. They all have a slightly different focus and tone. Just have to find the ones that fit for you. I stay here because there are a handful of SMs and mothers here whose advice I do like and find useful. The rest I disregard. Most of the time I come to blow off steam and for the entertainment.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN