Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

does your child support cover any of this?

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:02 PM
  • 131 Replies
1 mom liked this

Sneakers for cheer $80

$30 weekly for "tumble"

$ 40 for childcare for sd 10 after school weekly

$ 40 fo sweat pants and tee shirt for practice

$ 8. for bow

$32 for copay for prescription

$ 10 dr copay

this is pretty much a weekly event.. Bm texts him every couple of days with U owe me half..

should child support cover any of this shit?

she gets about $ 400 a week for 3 kids plus all this extra shit.. every week.

I am suppossed to get $ 92 a week ( which I almost never get)    and thats it.. to cover everything ... 

* Edit*  I cover the kids for dental and vision  Dh covers medical, a second dental plan and a second vision*

another text came in later last nightabout more expenses deposit due for ss boyscout camp for summer and another for his camping trip  UGH!!!!!

by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mamakenzi
by Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:05 PM
The medical co pays should definitely be split and considering the amount she receives, I don't think they is anything wrong with asking for half.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Bella14308
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:07 PM
No. in ct the judge says the ncp does not have to pay any amount towards extra activities (basketball, cheer, modeling) if the cp signed the child up. out of pocket medical and childcare is spilt by the judge (50/50, 60/40, 75/25)
jojojack
by Bronze Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:08 PM

Quoting mamakenzi:

The medical co pays should definitely be split and considering the amount she receives, I don't think they is anything wrong with asking for half.

you think thats a low amount of cs?

I only get $ 92 and its suppossed to cover everything

I pay $ 120 a week myself in before and after school care..

jojojack
by Bronze Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:09 PM

Quoting Bella14308:

No. in ct the judge says the ncp does not have to pay any amount towards extra activities (basketball, cheer, modeling) if the cp signed the child up. out of pocket medical and childcare is spilt by the judge (50/50, 60/40, 75/25)

He wasnt cout ordered to split all that extra shit. she just assumes he will do it. and unfortunately he usually does..

mamakenzi
by Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:11 PM
I'm sorry, I misread. I read it as $400 a month not a week. Depending on how the order is written I see nothing wrong with splitting the cost of extras. And in most orders that I have seen both parents split out of pocket medical expenses.

Quoting jojojack:

Quoting mamakenzi:

you think thats a low amount of cs?

I only get $ 92 and its suppossed to cover everything

I pay $ 120 a week myself in before and after school care..

SassyMom25
by Gold Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:11 PM
1 mom liked this
DH is supposed to get $76 per month. If we can't pay for ECs then SS doesn't do them. Same for everything else in our case, no matter what BM is supposed to pay.

Has BF agreed to these ECs? What about the childcare? Can he take SD during that time to save the money?
jojojack
by Bronze Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:15 PM

Quoting SassyMom25:

DH is supposed to get $76 per month. If we can't pay for ECs then SS doesn't do them. Same for everything else in our case, no matter what BM is supposed to pay.

Has BF agreed to these ECs? What about the childcare? Can he take SD during that time to save the money?

if he doesnt pay for stuff she will tell  skids your  dad wont pay for it and i can't afford it she  make him the bad guy.  and  no he cant take sd  because hes working 7 am to 5 , and so am I to pay all bm's bills!

Bella14308
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:17 PM
No. its not mandatory activities. he was ordered to pay cs, split out of pocket medical and child care.

He would only have to pay that stuff if he signed her up.

i pay all basketball expenses for my oldest.
He splits the cost of the babys (shes almost 2) "school" (its a learn and play group to help her) since she is hard of hearing.

Quoting jojojack:

Quoting Bella14308:

He wasnt cout ordered to split all that extra shit. she just assumes he will do it. and unfortunately he usually does..

SassyMom25
by Gold Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:22 PM
Then I think it would be acceptable for him to explain the CS to the kids.

Quoting jojojack:

Quoting SassyMom25:

if he doesnt pay for stuff she will tell  skids your  dad wont pay for it and i can't afford it she  make him the bad guy.  and  no he cant take sd  because hes working 7 am to 5 , and so am I to pay all bm's bills!

andie646c
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:32 PM

In our CO's, doctor co-pays and prescriptions are split in half. The rest is covered by CS.

SO pays about $300 for 2 kids ...

At least your BM pays the stuff first ... our BM tells the boys "I'm broke, tell your dad to take you/pay for it" which of course makes him the bad guy because he is "holding out" on his kids. *eye roll*

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN