Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

ok, i'll take a chance & post for advice.....

Posted by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:36 PM
  • 148 Replies

Without too details, which i'm sure will emerge as i start to post about stuff and not just sit back and read, i'm going to go out on a limb and ask for advice here at the risk of being bashed whether i am right or i'm wrong because i'm the "stepmom" which here is like being the daily serial killer of every jaded ex-wives shattered dreams.  (no offense)

Anyway, im married to a wonderful man, i have 2 dd's, he has 2 dd's, and we have one dd together. That's 5 AMAZING girls.  any way my 11 yr old sd's mother (dh's ex) apparently allows her to shave her crotch.  i know this because my 14yr old dd told me that she wants to shave hers bc sd11 shaves hers.  Can you believe that shit?? And what's worse is that she's been doing it since she was 9, bc her mother taught her to. and when i asked her questions, she couldn't tell me why she does it, the benefits of it or anything. just that she shaves every couple weeks or so.  That's awful to me. Who shaves a 9 year old's crotch??  Hint: if she still plays with Barbies, shaving is not what you ought to be teaching! She's way too young, my dd14 is way too young. sd11 developed early but still! what is this some sick bonding time? in that case, stop trying to friend the child thinking she's gonna always take your side and love you best! Anyway,  who agrees/disagrees?  go!

update: I posted this bc I really didn't knw what to do. For once I paused and thought instead of just reacted bc it it's not what I would do. It's something I'm working on bc I'm so protective of my family. I see that it's not my place unless sd 11 asks me to assist her and in that case, I can tell her how I thnk she's too young. I see that it's not a battle I need to push. Thank you. 

by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
angel_peanut
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:39 PM
Agree! My DD 9 shaves but only her legs due to she was getting picked on if she wore a skirt. She has some hair there but no way in hell is she shaving it!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
PumpkinSpice8
by Silver Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:41 PM
1 mom liked this
Oh my. I think that's too early as well. Very odd. I would not touch that subject with BM even with a ten foot pole though.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MommySabs
by Gold Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:42 PM
7 moms liked this
Well other than its effect on your f2f it's not really up to you. Now ethnically I am mainly Italian and yep we are a hairy bunch, as soon as I started getting hair there my mom showed me how to shave it otherwise I stuck out the sides of bathing suits and even through the fabric in the front, if I had on shorts you could see it sticking out the sides of my underpants when I sat down. Yes it was necessary it had to go. Imo it has nothing to do with bonding or playing favorites rather than a lesson in personal grooming. I find it far more disturbing that your 14 yo has to ask permission for her private parts, at that age her personal groom should be private.
amantonacci
by Platinum Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:46 PM

this one is tough... my dd is in the bathroom with me whenever I'm in there. I'm sure she is going to think being shaved is more normal than not being shaved.

lizzyluvsmoe
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:47 PM

Agreed.  She's a nut. and I am a BM....

lnr187
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:55 PM

i agree! wayy too young! that's crazy. she's having her grow up too fast :( and what if she cuts herself shaving? she can get a serious infection.

HotMamaRosie
by Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:55 PM

Well, my dd14 talks to me about everything and she really doesn't do anything without me knowing. I'm not necessarily really strict but we talk about everything. 

HotMamaRosie
by Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:57 PM

Quoting lnr187:

i agree! wayy too young! that's crazy. she's having her grow up too fast :( and what if she cuts herself shaving? she can get a serious infection.

Yeah that's why I'm gonna send her an eml about it when I sober up in the morning. Just to document it in case something happens. 

Polkadotted
by Gold Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:57 PM
2 moms liked this

I wouldn't teach my daughter that, but I wouln't get into whether BM did or not.  I would have a talk with my daughter that some people might do that, but ... then lay out your rules.

lnr187
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:02 PM
1 mom liked this

honestly, i wouldn't email mom about it. there's nothing you can do about it. she's already started and will probably continue (im assuming sd does not have a problem with it?) dh should probably say something to bm and hopefully she won't teach the other sd, but really there's nothing either of you can do to stop her.

Quoting HotMamaRosie:

Quoting lnr187:

Yeah that's why I'm gonna send her an eml about it when I sober up in the morning. Just to document it in case something happens. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN