Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

o poor thing

Posted by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:22 PM
  • 10 Replies
I was picking dd and sd up from their after school program. Sd went ti get into the car and saw the car seat. She shut the door to switch sides but slammed it on her finger instead. I thought it was just her backpack or coat so I let her yell at dd dor a sec to open the doorb then I looked back and realized it was hust finger and dd couldn't open the door cuz it was on child locks. I ran around the car to oepn it but it wouldn't open and the passenger door was locked so I had to run to the driversside unlock the door and run back to open. That poor babys finger was black and blue. She cried about her finger the whole ride home. I was shocked however that she didn't start crying about wanting bm until we after about 10mins. She hand seen bm in a month and before that it was 2 months however bm is her go to cry when she is upset or mad. We got home and she wouldn't let me ice or anything only wrap it in a papertowel with tape. She wanted ro call her mom who didn't answer of course. We watched hust favorite show yook some tylonal and when I asked her if she was feeling better she said I just don't understand why my mom isn't calling back after I left her a message. I kissed her and lied saying she's probably busy. She said I feel a little better with u here watching poppers panguins. I was so glad and sad for at three sametime. Glad that after 5 yrs this kid is starting too give me some placev inn her little world. Yet sad cuz I know Asher was hurt but its almost like her moms lack of attention hurt hwr more.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MommySabs
by Gold Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:33 PM
Poor thing! I've done that and it hurts!!! I hope it isn't too bad and she heals up quick, OUCH!
mamaBerg85
by Silver Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:35 PM
I dont know. My mom is a nurse and said shec probably loose her finger nail for a bit. I child's her to hush and dont tell sd I don't want her to freak out.

Quoting MommySabs:

Poor thing! I've done that and it hurts!!! I hope it isn't too bad and she heals up quick, OUCH!

ZennMomma
by Bronze Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:43 PM

Poor baby! I hope her finger heals quickly.

MommySabs
by Gold Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:44 PM
Quoting mamaBerg85:

Yeah it's likely she will lose the nail but it will come back, my son had it happen with his toe this past year, it was totally gross though!
mamaBerg85
by Silver Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:47 PM
O god poor thing is going to freak. I hope she lets us keep it wrapped she's sooo worried about other kids making fun of her.

Quoting MommySabs:

Quoting mamaBerg85:

Yeah it's likely she will lose the nail but it will come back, my son had it happen with his toe this past year, it was totally gross though!

MommySabs
by Gold Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:50 PM
Quoting mamaBerg85:

If she will let you try alternating ice , for swelling and bruising, and a little heat, good blood flow will encourage healing faster.
Tigress22304
by Platinum Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 11:07 PM

:( poor baby-same thing happened to me (only it was my mother who shut the door on me by mistake)

Dad had to slice my nail and puncture it to relieve the pressure-but it got better afterwards. I hope she feels better soon!

mamaBerg85
by Silver Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 11:11 PM
I felt so bad cuz I didn't realize at first and then it took a bit to get the door open. Her finger was in there for probably 2mins. I mean that's just so bad.

Quoting Tigress22304:

:( poor baby-same thing happened to me (only it was my mother who shut the door on me by mistake)

Dad had to slice my nail and puncture it to relieve the pressure-but it got better afterwards. I hope she feels better soon!

Tigress22304
by Platinum Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 11:14 PM

Quoting mamaBerg85:

I felt so bad cuz I didn't realize at first and then it took a bit to get the door open. Her finger was in there for probably 2mins. I mean that's just so bad.

Quoting Tigress22304:

is her nail bed swollen? if so-you may need to go to the doctor so they can shave the nail down and puncture it so it can relieve the pressure :(

Believe me I know how you feel-my thumb was stuck for 5min and it was a nightmare!

Polkadotted
by Gold Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 11:42 PM

I did that a couple of months ago. It was close to the worst pain of my life. I will never poopoo that again.  If it's under her nail go in and get it drilled. It was so worth it. My doc just drilled a hole slowly with a hypodermic needle.  It didn't even hurt, it was so nice. And my nail never fell completely off. 

Poor baby I hope it feels better soon. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)