Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Just Pointing Out the Obvious ...

Posted by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 11:58 PM
  • 73 Replies
3 moms liked this

Apparently, some newbies have recently figured out that I"m not a SM and made a slightly big deal of it (as big a deal as you can on an anonymous internet forum), so I would like to just say yes, newbies, I am NOT a SM.  

This is not a secret. 

Please stop acting like you've found out some big important secret about me that I was trying to hide.  It's a public internet forum, not an exclusive club. 

This doesn't mean I have no clue about how SFamilies are, it just means I don't want other people's kids in my home on a regular basis.

Just posting this as a PSA so newbies can see it, digest it, get over it all at once.  

"What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance. Let them take arms."
Thomas Jefferson
to James Madison

"They that give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin
American Statesman
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 11:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MommySabs
by Gold Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:00 AM
I'm shocked! You're not an sm?! I kid, I kid.
packermomof2
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:06 AM

SHOCKER!!!  I know.

At least to people who don't read posts and act like they've figured me all out.

rocknmom85
by Silver Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:08 AM
11 moms liked this

your posts/replies make it clear you are a BM only, I think it's fine for you to give your opinions in this forum I just do not understand why you like to put a negative spin on everything. I have yet to see any responses from you that do not criticized SMs either blatantly or passively. 

Tillymommie
by Silver Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:10 AM

Whaaa?? HUH??? ..... I feel completely betrayed, Packer! How could you not tell us!

Now I got you pegged, you are one of THOSE BMs. (hehe)

Oh wait, you are right, you haven't hid this fact.

packermomof2
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:36 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting rocknmom85:

your posts/replies make it clear you are a BM only, I think it's fine for you to give your opinions in this forum I just do not understand why you like to put a negative spin on everything. I have yet to see any responses from you that do not criticized SMs either blatantly or passively. 

You should try reading more of my posts.  That might help you see that I'm not negative towards all of them.  Just the really annoying ones.  And it is never passive. 

"What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance. Let them take arms."
Thomas Jefferson
to James Madison

"They that give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin
American Statesman
Polkadotted
by Gold Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:41 AM
1 mom liked this
Why is common sense seen as negative?

Quoting packermomof2:

Quoting rocknmom85:

You should try reading more of my posts.  That might help you see that I'm not negative towards all of them.  Just the really annoying ones.  And it is never passive. 

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
momof2ex1
by Ruby Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:43 AM
Me too me too!! I side more with SMs though than BMs and I'm not sure why. I will slap a dumbass though in an instant. SM or BM. Doesn't matter.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momof2ex1
by Ruby Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:44 AM
And Packer, you are the one that brought all the newbies here so really it's all your fault any way.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
packermomof2
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:47 AM

Quoting momof2ex1:

And Packer, you are the one that brought all the newbies here so really it's all your fault any way.

Is there really a need to point fingers?  

Thomas Jefferson
to James Madison

Ben Franklin
American Statesman
kristinbugg
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:50 AM
Lol! I usually get mistaken for a BM. Some SMs on here find it incomprehensible that another SM could actually find their shenanigans disturbing and uncalled for.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured