Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

Just Pointing Out the Obvious ...

Posted by   + Show Post

Apparently, some newbies have recently figured out that I"m not a SM and made a slightly big deal of it (as big a deal as you can on an anonymous internet forum), so I would like to just say yes, newbies, I am NOT a SM.  

This is not a secret. 

Please stop acting like you've found out some big important secret about me that I was trying to hide.  It's a public internet forum, not an exclusive club. 

This doesn't mean I have no clue about how SFamilies are, it just means I don't want other people's kids in my home on a regular basis.

Just posting this as a PSA so newbies can see it, digest it, get over it all at once.  

"What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance. Let them take arms."
Thomas Jefferson
to James Madison

"They that give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin
American Statesman
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 11:58 PM
Replies (71-73):
Jenn_A
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 12:04 AM

Technically, I'm not a step mom either, as I've adopted my step kids. Thanks for the info on yourself, though. Not that it concerns me much, good advice is good advice, and I just ignore bad advice, or any that doesn't fit my agenda. LOL Actually, I like differing opionions, causes me to have to think about a rebuttal.

momof2ex1
by Ruby Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 12:11 AM
It wasn't really bullying. She said some pretty nasty things about me and I had not said a single nasty thing about her. Or even to her. So she did kind of deserve it. I did feel bad.

Quoting dfamily:

It sounds like bullying to me...

What a role model.

Quoting minimoo:

I think that one can be excused for sure. I normally don't either. She deserved it though for sure.

Quoting momof2ex1:

Oops. I just called someone a Bitch in another board. I mean, I really shouldn't have but I got pissed. But no I don't normally name call. It's not how I roll.

Quoting packermomof2:

Quoting dfamily:

Whatever the case may be...The bitchy tones, sarcasm, name calling and and condescending comments and advise seems to be coming from a lot of BM's. BM's can stir up shit too.

I think I've called someone a bitch one time the whole time I've been here.  You, on the other hand,started in with the name calling from the get go.  You're a SM.  I've not seen Momof2, a mom only, or KIA, mom only, call names either.  The name calling is not coming from the moms only.  The sarcasm, though - I'll give that the moms are pretty good at that; I consider it my "second language"...
One thing I learned a long time ago; "It's not what you say its how you say it." I'm sure you all know this otherwise some of you could be considered bullies.
Says the woman who went to another group to start trouble. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momof2ex1
by Ruby Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 12:12 AM
Yeah I think she has a problem with 'white' people.

Quoting Tillymommie:

Not really bullying this time. She so deserved it. And calling someone a bitch one time doesn't make someone a bad role model. Better then the person throwing out racial slurs.

Quoting dfamily:

It sounds like bullying to me...

What a role model.

Quoting minimoo:

I think that one can be excused for sure. I normally don't either. She deserved it though for sure.

Quoting momof2ex1:

Oops. I just called someone a Bitch in another board. I mean, I really shouldn't have but I got pissed. But no I don't normally name call. It's not how I roll.

Quoting packermomof2:

Quoting dfamily:

Whatever the case may be...The bitchy tones, sarcasm, name calling and and condescending comments and advise seems to be coming from a lot of BM's. BM's can stir up shit too.

I think I've called someone a bitch one time the whole time I've been here.  You, on the other hand,started in with the name calling from the get go.  You're a SM.  I've not seen Momof2, a mom only, or KIA, mom only, call names either.  The name calling is not coming from the moms only.  The sarcasm, though - I'll give that the moms are pretty good at that; I consider it my "second language"...
One thing I learned a long time ago; "It's not what you say its how you say it." I'm sure you all know this otherwise some of you could be considered bullies.
Says the woman who went to another group to start trouble. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)