Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central
So i have some mixed emotions towards SS. Anyone else feel that way? Or am i the only one. Its hard because i have no kids of my own.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:46 AM
Replies (21-25):
pinkielola
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 3:47 PM
No he does not go to daycare bm lives 5 minutes away she never wants SS.

Quoting mamaBerg85:

Does ss attend daycare and does bm live close?

Quoting pinkielola:

No custody order.

mamaBerg85
by Silver Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 5:45 PM
H is going to have to take her to court.

Quoting pinkielola:

No he does not go to daycare bm lives 5 minutes away she never wants SS.

Quoting mamaBerg85:

Does ss attend daycare and does bm live close?

Quoting pinkielola:

No custody order.

JustaSM231
by Bronze Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 8:09 AM
Try reading Stepmonster. It helps explain and validate some of your feelings. Everyone has mixed feelings especially with unique strain of a stepfamily. Responsibility without authority defines the step parent life. Read this book and keep a journal of your feelings. Talk with DH about what you are feeling. See if he will read this book too. Make sure what you are feeling is not coming from BM and you are projecting it onto your step child. It's not fair to the child to make him or her responsible for the anger or resentment you feel toward BM. Good luck!!!
pinkielola
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 8:18 AM
Thank you

Quoting JustaSM231:

Try reading Stepmonster. It helps explain and validate some of your feelings. Everyone has mixed feelings especially with unique strain of a stepfamily. Responsibility without authority defines the step parent life. Read this book and keep a journal of your feelings. Talk with DH about what you are feeling. See if he will read this book too. Make sure what you are feeling is not coming from BM and you are projecting it onto your step child. It's not fair to the child to make him or her responsible for the anger or resentment you feel toward BM. Good luck!!!

pinkielola
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 8:26 AM
I purchased stepmonster i do talk to someone abt my feelings. Im in the current process of battling depression, family issues and the situation with BM harassing me. I do know what im doing wrong and i want to fix things

Quoting JustaSM231:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)