Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

Just feeling used at this point

Posted by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 2:13 PM
  • 27 Replies

Been a stepmom for 2 1/2 years now and have been csm of ss for two years and csm of sd now since September. We rent due to both of us having to short sell our houses, his because if the divorce and mine I just wanted out of last year. We had been discussing that we would buy something in two years so we didn't have to keep moving around. 

A few weeks ago he made a comment that he no longer wanted to buy anything with me because it would be harder if we split...um...I was not aware anything was wrong! He promised nothing was wrong but he was talking to a therapist again because he was having an issue with buying a house with me and he was working through it...

today he suddenly got angry about something he made up in his head. He thought sd was mad at me and she wasn't (I asked her) he projected anyway, shouted this is why I dont want to buy a house with you! I am not sure how much longer I can stand you! And slammed the door, not before he almost hit me with his fist and I had to back away.

When I met him he never thought he would have his kids full time and I was instrumental in helping to make his wish come true...now I feel like perhaps he has what he wants and feels he no longer needs me...I am so hurt and feel used and very confused.

by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 2:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LyndaLoo78
by Skeletor on Feb. 2, 2013 at 2:22 PM
4 moms liked this

He almost hit you.  Leave.  Leave now, before he ACTUALLY hits you.  Been there, have the restraining order.

soonergirl980
by Gold Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 2:26 PM
1 mom liked this

100% this please

Quoting LyndaLoo78:

He almost hit you.  Leave.  Leave now, before he ACTUALLY hits you.  Been there, have the restraining order.

zannahdeux
by Silver Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 2:46 PM

I know this isn't good. It's the second time since sandy..I am not sure that is even six months. He wasn't like this before....just recently. I don't understand 

Quoting soonergirl980:

100% this please

Quoting LyndaLoo78:

LyndaLoo78
by Skeletor on Feb. 2, 2013 at 2:59 PM

Quoting zannahdeux:

I know this isn't good. It's the second time since sandy..I am not sure that is even six months. He wasn't like this before....just recently. I don't understand 

Quoting soonergirl980:

100% this please

Quoting LyndaLoo78:

You will never understand. Please leave or seek therapy for yourself.

sandeeyo
by Le Bonjour Chat on Feb. 2, 2013 at 3:11 PM

Get out now.

angelmommy2806
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 3:17 PM
I agree with everyone. Get out before he doesn't miss.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommySabs
by Gold Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 4:14 PM
Listen to Lynda! Please!!
zannahdeux
by Silver Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 4:39 PM

Good point. Thank you

Quoting LyndaLoo78:

Quoting zannahdeux:

Quoting soonergirl980:

100% this please

Quoting LyndaLoo78:

You will never understand. Please leave or seek therapy for yourself.

tottaxi
by Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 4:40 PM

I agree with all the others.  This is really a no brainer, so I am not really understanding what you are searching for with your post.

Are you married to this man?  Are you concerned with the cost of another divorce?  Are you staying because you don't want another failed marriage on your score card?

Please tell us what is holding you back from doing what so obviously needs done.

zannahdeux
by Silver Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 4:46 PM

We are married...this is my first marriage. We have a 14 month old together..he is the main thing holding me back. His kids will be devastated as well but they are his problem to deal with if we sepereated not mine.

Quoting tottaxi:

I agree with all the others.  This is really a no brainer, so I am not really understanding what you are searching for with your post.

Are you married to this man?  Are you concerned with the cost of another divorce?  Are you staying because you don't want another failed marriage on your score card?

Please tell us what is holding you back from doing what so obviously needs done.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)