Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

SO told BM ..

Posted by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 9:38 AM
  • 26 Replies
that I'm pregnant..
and she laughed.
She apologized for laughing and SO says it definitely looked to be one of those gut reactions and she genuinely felt bad about laughing.
I'm glad I wasn't there though.. awkward.
So, she's in on the secret now too. Where we live in such a small, rural area we were worried about her finding out from someone else.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 9:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lnr187
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 10:10 AM
1 mom liked this

well at least she's not one of those bitches who gets mad that BD attention has to be shared with another kid.

Tigress22304
by Ruby Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 10:10 AM

I think if DH told BM I was pregnant-she'd shit kittens and be really pissed off about it. That's her "claim to fame"-she's the only one who gave DH a bio child.

She keeps bugging to have another-but what a shame DH had her fixed years ago.

daddysgf
by and that's all on Feb. 3, 2013 at 10:20 AM
honestly, a year ago it would have been a whole different story

Quoting lnr187:

well at least she's not one of those bitches who gets mad that BD attention has to be shared with another kid.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momalee40
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 10:25 AM
4 moms liked this
When my dh told his ex i was preg, she asked if he was sure its his, his answer was that he was more sure of this one than he was of their son....that shut her up pretty quick !
leegirl_jm
by Ruby Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 10:32 AM

DH told BM about both my pregnancies in the midst of a court battle with DD and in the midst of an argument with DS, BM has always been upset when my children come up, she is still upset about them to this day. If DH says no to any requests she makes, she blames my children when DH just says no because of her.

MommySabs
by Gold Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 10:47 AM
Glad she didn't freak out, that's good. We had a situation where bm heard bc her brother heard from someone else and she called dh having a conniption about it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaMoopsie
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 11:17 AM

Well, at least she knows now. My SD's BM lives 12 hours away and we rarely hear from her except for right before it's time for SD to go see her for the summer or for Christmas. So we've only told her twice and the other two times SD has told her and this last time I felt really bad for SD because BM had a horrible reaction and basically told SD that we're having so many babies because we're trying to push SD out of our home (which couldn't be further from the truth!)

So I had to have a long sit down with SD when she got home from spending Christmas with BM and tell her that we love all of our children and that no matter what happened SD always had a home with us and we'd never just send her away because we had a new baby. She said "I know. I was mad at my mom because she said mean things about you." I'm sure there was more said that SD didn't tell me, but she's old enough to know what she should and shouldn't share.

saywhat2102
by Gold Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 11:44 AM
Glad it worked out:-). How's the puppy doing? How ya feeling?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kzuehlk
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 11:48 AM
At least she didn't go crazy!

When SO told BM that I was pregnant, she told their son that we were replacing him. Any time a problem came up, we were accused of pushing SS out of the way for our son. I'm pregnant again and she has been a lot more mild this time around
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
daddysgf
by and that's all on Feb. 3, 2013 at 5:58 PM
Feeling pretty rough.. caught a cold last week and have been miserable. I actually slept until 5pm today. :(
The puppy is good.. lil crazy. BM came to pick up ss today and walked through the door and was like "sooo I only came because I wanted to see the puppy" lol

Quoting saywhat2102:

Glad it worked out:-). How's the puppy doing? How ya feeling?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN