Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

WHAT WOULD YOU DO????? SMH

Posted by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 1:43 PM
  • 107 Replies

ok, so i bought 2 boxes of snacks each for the 3 kids in my house monday night...ss13 ate both of his plus took a few out of dd13 and ate his dads , so he ate his dd13 and dads ALL BY FRIDAY AFTERNOON.....of course when we asked him he said no, but he was the ONLY one who could have....how do i know? because this has happened before (one of the many mysteries when ss13 is here) so i put names on the boxes and ive been keeping track on  a daily basis of when and who was eating, so after school ss13 is alone for 20 min and thats when alot of our mysteries hppn, but anyway, point is  he ate all his plus more .Today im going shopping and SO asks me what im getting and i tell him and when i say snacks for dd he says well ss needs also, i said no, he ate all his plus dd , thats why i hv to get her more and he said whats ss going to do for a afterschool snack? i said, he should of thought about that when he ate all his plus others in 4 days, plus when i asked ss about it he said" imknow, i just wont hv any nxt week" so since he knew he wouldnt hv any this coming week if he chose to eat allll of his plus more than thats on him. SO says thats not fair, and i said yes it is...how are you going to make him understand that he cant eat everything in the house just cuz its there  or eat it in a few days...he needs to see ....my question is WHAT WOULD YOU DO IF YOUR CHILS OR SKID ATE ALL HIS PLUS OTHERS IN A 4 DAY TIMEFRAME AND HE NEW IT WAS FOR 2WKS? would u buy him more even though he will again(this is a weekly issue with him) eat them in a couple days and then eats the other kids snacks too, OR would you stick to your ground and not buy him and he can suffer the consequence, hes 13 and he CHOSE to eat it all in 4 days and he also said " i just wont hv any next week"

by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 1:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
GlockMom
by Platinum Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 1:53 PM
I buy groceries on Sunday afternoon or Monday night after work. I just buy more. I don't keep count on WHO eats what and I do not buy specific food for specific people.

Question...if this was your kid would you buy more so your kid had food after school? Most likely you would. It is just snack food. Why is this such a huge deal?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
andie646c
by Silver Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 1:54 PM
1 mom liked this

Personally?

We keep snacks in the house, it doesn't matter who eats them or how much. You eat when you are hungry.

Kids (especially boys at around the age of 13) go through growth spurts where they NEED to eat more. They "eat the entire house" because their body tells them to and they need the extra energy to grow.

CodeBlue
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 1:56 PM
2 moms liked this
Is he still eating dinner? He is a growing boy. They eat a TON. I would make sure I was providing the healthiest snacks I could and let the child eat.
I remember when my brother went through that phase. You just hoped you beat him home so there was still something in the fridge... The key is that they must be healthy snacks. Don't buy junk food if he's consuming like crazy.
HopesNDreams
by Silver Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 1:59 PM
Boys eat a lot...buy him more if he eats more. Problem solved.
AmericanDream
by Gold Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 2:06 PM

I have no experience living in a house of girls but I've heard tell about the horrors of the teenage boy appetite.  He's a growing kid.  As long as there isn't some health concern I'd just buy more... and make sure a variety of healthy foods and snacks were on hand...

destiny83
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 2:06 PM
1 mom liked this

I cut back on how much snack stuff I buy for a similar reason. Between the the kids, kids friends who always come over and husband a box of snacks is gone in a day. Now I keep a lot more fruit around. I always keep like  5 lbs of navel oranges, apples, and sandwich stuff, that way if their REALLY hungry they will grab one of these options vs going through 6 snack packs in 60 minutes lol.

kmur
by Bronze Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 2:07 PM

i have to buy different snacks because each kid likes different things, and no i wouldnt buy more for my own child ....i bought 2BOXES OF SNACKS FOR EACH KID that would last 2 wks ,,,,,ss ate ALL OF HIS PLUS SOME OF THE OTHERS IN 4 DAYS......i have to keep track, cuz when 1 kid is eating his plus others it is NOT fair to the others ...

Quoting GlockMom:

I buy groceries on Sunday afternoon or Monday night after work. I just buy more. I don't keep count on WHO eats what and I do not buy specific food for specific people.

Question...if this was your kid would you buy more so your kid had food after school? Most likely you would. It is just snack food. Why is this such a huge deal?

kmur
by Bronze Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 2:13 PM

ss13 only thinks about eating, thats the 1 thing he will do ....its not just the normal "boys eat alot at that age" i have a 18 yr old son and a ds11 so i know all about the boys eating alot....his is more of overeating, he will eat all day (he is overweight) ex: we ordered chinese last night....he ate the entire dinner in 10 min, meanwhile his dad(whos a big guy) only ate half, my son also half....this kid will eat his dinner, lunch within 5 min, and im talking  A FULL PLATE OF FOOD, he will be done while everyone else is just starting...his life is food....imo theres a problem, 

GlockMom
by Platinum Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 2:15 PM
What specifically are you buying? Fruit snacks, crackers, what?

Quoting kmur:

i have to buy different snacks because each kid likes different things, and no i wouldnt buy more for my own child ....i bought 2BOXES OF SNACKS FOR EACH KID that would last 2 wks ,,,,,ss ate ALL OF HIS PLUS SOME OF THE OTHERS IN 4 DAYS......i have to keep track, cuz when 1 kid is eating his plus others it is NOT fair to the others ...

Quoting GlockMom:

andie646c
by Silver Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 2:17 PM
1 mom liked this

So, keep healthier foods in the house.

Have you ever heard of someone getting fat from eating too many apples?

Chinese and pizza aren't exactly the healthiest dinners either ... 

Quoting kmur:

ss13 only thinks about eating, thats the 1 thing he will do ....its not just the normal "boys eat alot at that age" i have a 18 yr old son and a ds11 so i know all about the boys eating alot....his is more of overeating, he will eat all day (he is overweight) ex: we ordered chinese last night....he ate the entire dinner in 10 min, meanwhile his dad(whos a big guy) only ate half, my son also half....this kid will eat his dinner, lunch within 5 min, and im talking  A FULL PLATE OF FOOD, he will be done while everyone else is just starting...his life is food....imo theres a problem, 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN