Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

how much cs?

Posted by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 3:01 PM
  • 96 Replies
1 mom liked this

Why is it that themajority of women posted here that they get much less than $1600 a month and are able to manage to pay everything for their  kids?

on my other post : 

Doesnt child support cover any of this..many many of the women said that $1600 a month for support was a joke and that bm should ask for half of everything else!!!!! I don't get it.. LOL

How much CS do you get as a BM and what exactly do you use it to cover for your child/children. What expenses are not included in the CS..

How much do you or dh PAY for CS and what expenses are not included in that CS.

Do you cover children for medical and dental and still pay all or some of copays?
And what about EC activities?

by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 3:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
styler7
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 3:07 PM

I do not receive any cs for my 2 teenagers.
My husband pays $1,200 in January and August...and $900 the other months for his children.
He has health and dental on the kids. Any Dr. or dental bills are split in half.

MommySabs
by Gold Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 3:07 PM
I get very little for two children,my dh pays for one child he has half the time about 2.5x what I receive. My ex is not consistent with paying so we make sure Bill's are covered with dh income, vs is used for mainly groceries, our half of ecs for all kids and what ever extra expenses may come up. Yes me husband pays cs and his half of ecs, and I receive cs and expect ex to follow the co and pay his half as well.
adamsmom0116
by Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 3:13 PM

DH and BM make similar salaries. DH pays $150/mo total for the 3 kids and covers them on his health and dental insurance.They have the kids 50/50 and split all medical and EC's 50/50 on paper. In real life, DH pays for those things and BM hands him a $20 every 8 months or so. Currently she is approx $1500 behind on reimbursing DH for her half of the medical and EC's - and DH doesn't even bill her for most of the EC stuff.

PumpkinSpice8
by Silver Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 3:15 PM
A little over $300.

I put it in my bank account with all our other checks so it goes towards general life with everything else... Bills, grocery, clothes, activities...

It covers everything that $300 will cover. Its not suppose to cover uninsured medical, education, and extracurricular activities, however, I never ask for BD's "share" of the costs on those things; I just pay it.

I forgot a category... I pay all medical and dental including co-pays and uninsured costs. And by me, I mean DH. BD is suppose to cover LO and pay 70% but since my DH makes so much more than him we just pay it.

And we let BD claim LO on his taxes.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Motherof3inNJ
by Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 3:15 PM

I'm CO to receive $1056 a month for 3 children. BF is ordered to provide medical insurance if affordable.

I received CS for only 2 out of the 5 years since we split up. He never provided insurance. I don't expect to receive CS again since BF left the country but if I do, I'll spend it the way I did before, I'll use it to catch up on bills, put some $ in my childrens' saving accounts, and buy something for myself and DF, since I provide for their needs first, so if anyone misses out it's me of DF.

DF's DD is 18 and he longer pays CS. He was CO to pay $400 a month. She's in college and for both the fall and spring semesters he's paid for all her books and bought her a new laptop. He's not required to do this but he wants to help his DD and BM.

faerie75
by Platinum Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 3:24 PM

i get 200 every two weeks and if the kids have some big expense i ask him for half. we do this ourselves, no CO.

this money goes into my account and i use it for whatever, i dont use it on household bills but some goes to groceries. some goes to things they want or need. i might use a bit for me here and there.

my kids dad doesnt care what i use it on. i dont ask for extra unless ther is some big expense and he trusts that i dont. three things ive asked for extra for this year are... 50 for my ods senior portaits (they cost almost 200), 40 for his cap, gown and yearbook (they cost 80) and i asked him to chip in when my yds football team made it to the nationals in florida. he gave me 300 but he asked family for most of it. i also asked my mom for some.

with EC's i will ask if i need help. w yds football, i actually covered the fee by volunteering at bingo twice. i did ask for 30 to buy him cleets ( i got the rest)

i never wanted my kids on his insurance. i rather have my own. i dont want to have to call him for info.

whatIknownow
by Emerald Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 3:26 PM

As a BM I get about $850 a month. Half of ECs and uninsured medical (above a certain amount per year, I think above $250) were supposed to be extra (I never charged him for those, which would have been maybe a couple thousand a a year).

My DH covers medical and dental and we pay the co-pays.

For my stepkids, BM pays $500 a month, plus one third of ECs and extraordinary medical (like SS's ACL surgery last year).  DH covers them on his insurance and we pay the co-pays.

tiredmama42
by Silver Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 3:31 PM

I dont get any CS. 

We pay 800 a month.  No medical, dental etc.  No extras.

WifeyC
by Platinum Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 3:32 PM

BM pays CS to DH.  It goes in our account and gets spent however it needs to.  We don't keep it separate.

They also split EC's and Medical 50/50.

Tillymommie
by Silver Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 3:34 PM

I get 350 a month. BD and I have an agreement that he keeps DS on his insurance. I pay co-pays but we split the cost of deductibles. All  EC will be split.

DH is suppose to recieve $300 a month, and half of all medical and EC. Dh has DSS on his insurance. BM as of this moment pays nothing though. She is having to go back to court for contempt in two weeks.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN