Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

Fullhouse

Posted by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 5:25 PM
  • 3 Replies

Call me a punk or whatever BUT I am about to book myself a hotel room for the night!

1.  DS20 decided to change his major and thus, attend a school right back in our home town.  Yayyyy, as I have missed my big ole Bear.  However, because he's back, SD16 is breaking her neck to spend more time at our house because she sees my son as her "company and built-in taxi cab."  See, she drives but doesn't have her own wheels yet.  So here comes another schedule-change, I can just feel it.  DH & BM are about to put the gloves on.   

2.  My older sister is visiting.  I asked her to help DS20 drive the almost 13hours from his old college, and keep his butt from falling asleep or texting or changing the radio stations WHILE driving next to all of those 18 wheelers.  I specifically said "then you can stay a couple days and I'll fly you back."  She gets her azz here and doesn't wanna leave!  My birthday is next Monday, and knowing DH, he has something very special lined up for yours truly...and I'm sorry, I don't want my big sister over-hearing our shenanigans, lol!  Yuck.  Well, she goes "I figured I could stay through your birthday, then go back."  I cringe at the thought.  I love my sissy, but we run very different households, PLUS I didn't plan on having week-long house guests!  This changes everything!  SD16  has cheerleading comps this weekend IN FLORIDA, DS20 wants me to help him find an apartment, DH & I are scouring new properties for his business, the damn Shih Tzus need grooming AGAIN....and she wants to "hang out."  Ima put her azz to work and I betcha she leaves!   

3.  BM's car broke down over the weekend so DH has to take SD to school on her days this week (until she gets it out the shop - allegedly)...so that means, I have a FULL HOUSE!  See above.

4.  My boss is tap-dancing on my last nerve today.  Its like he was a bug on our walls this weekend and decided that he wanted to ADD to my circus too!  So, here I am, working LATE because of his lack of planning, pondering what I'm cooking for dinner, answering DH's 32nd call today (I swear, that man is helpless without me) and...I could go on but I won't. Oh yeah, and this:

5.  Seeing Beyonce's body last night made me so freaking embarrassed to say that my kid is 20 and hers is only 1.  My body used to look like that.  DH says it still does.  He's a sweet liar.

Ok I'm done.  As you were...

by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 5:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Lslk
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 5:41 PM
1 mom liked this

Lol! I'd put Dear Sissy to work. Have her cook supper tonight and maybe the rest of the time to help out.

saywhat2102
by Gold Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 5:42 PM
Reading this made me think of the movie Mad House. Lol, bless your heart (in a nice way) ;-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jeniemarie
by Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 3:11 AM
go home and lock yourself in your room with a pair of head phones or a movie. they are all old enough to take care of themselves and DH should take of his DD if she needs anything. yes it sounds like you really need to get away even if its just for a walk, drive or whatever. good luck hope things settle down
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN