Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

Updated... DH over night at BM house

So my DH calls me today to say he is going over to the skids house to hang out because his ex has to work and the 10 yo sd is sick. He says he's going to be there late and then tells me how early he has to be up for work. I didn't put 2 and 2 together but at this hour I am assuming he was trying to tell me he was spending the night. I'm not ok with this! His ex is home around now and it's only a 1/2 hour a away. Talk me down please! I'm tempted to tell humid this happens again I'm out!

UPDATE.... He came home last night, turned out she didn't get home until 11:45. His phone was dead and he didn't get my text even when he plugged it in when he was getting into bed.

Just want to say thank you to everyone for the advice and reassurance that I'm not being over the top. Have a great day!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 2:13 AM
Replies (21-30):
whatIknownow
by Ruby Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 8:19 AM
1 mom liked this

This would not fly with me.

Nor would my DH be ok with me spending the night at my ex's (or any man's house) if  it is half an hour away. 

I think there is something suspicious about that.

What other odd behavior or clues do you have?

AmericanDream
by Gold Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 8:21 AM
1 mom liked this

Maybe... but turning his phone off?  No justification for that in my book. 

Quoting macbudsmom:

Maybe dd is really sick and he just wants to be there for her?

ginamom512
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 8:23 AM
I think this behavior is wrong.
IntactivistMama
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 8:33 AM
1 mom liked this
Absolutely inappropriate. If the skid (s) are ill, they could come to your house. Your DH shouldn't be at her house or any other woman that isn't a blood relative!
Soniam301
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 8:36 AM
7 moms liked this
there could be a lot of reasons. Try to talk to him first, without accusing him. Give it a day or two to calm down if necessary.

I was in a similar situation a few months ago. Except it was me who did the "wrong." i honestly didn't think my husband would have reacted and been so hurt about it. I let a mutual male friend of ours stay the night. He was deploying and his plans fell through to stay with another friend. I honestly thought myhusbsnd wouldn't mind and that he trusted me. (he was deployed) He was livid, didn't talk to me for two days. while I was on the mindset of just helping out a friend and why not, I have a guest room in the basement, he was like I can't believe you had a guy stay with you without me there!

We calmly talked about it and now I know not to do it again. No trust issues you just need to set boundaries on what is acceptable.
MommySabs
by Gold Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 8:36 AM
1 mom liked this
Very very inappropriate, this behavior would be a deal breaker for me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SP_Mama
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 8:38 AM
1 mom liked this

I would not be okay with that.  I trust my husband, but that doesn't mean it's okay for him to sleep over at another woman's house...especially his ex-wife.

kargirl42
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 8:48 AM
1 mom liked this
I've tolerated a lot of crap but that's over the top. no excuse for it.. sounds like he has the same problem my bf has with his x... she still controls him. sorry..
KLBrown
by Bronze Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 9:25 AM
2 moms liked this

Quoting macbudsmom:

Maybe dd is really sick and he just wants to be there for her?

he should've brought the daughter back to his own house

~Kristy
OvrMyHead
by Silver Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 9:25 AM

Would it be OK if you were spending the night at your ex's house under the same situation with the kids?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)