Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

Pray for me! **updated**

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 2:23 PM
  • 13 Replies
At first I said I wouldn't do this under any circumstances BUT I changed my mind and today I will be meeting with my SD's mom.

I'm not sure what her goal is, but mine is to bury the hatchet and move forward. I'm not interested in being friends or anything like that, but I also don't want to use the energy it takes to spend the rest of our lives angry about shit we cannot change.

While I'm going in with a positive mindset, I know how she is and as my bff said, her goal is more than likely foolishness and fuckery to the utmost. I just pray its not.

So pray for me ladies, that today is the start of a new beginning for us.

Thanks

---------------------------

So things didn't go GREAT but I wouldn't say they went bad also. I really don't know how to categorize it.

We met at a restaurant. At first I declined to have a drink because I feel like alcohol in the midst of certain situations can only make shit worse.

Anyway we started talking. I let her go first since she was the one pressing for the meeting and it was eh, interesting. She tried to play the victim in the situation, but like I told her honestly I feel NO PITY for you because you knew. You knew where me and him were in our relationship and willingly went along with the bullshit. She tried to tell me all of the shit he supposedly told her BUT I still say BS.
I let her know how I felt about her whole ultimatum to him about either choose his daughter (her child) or me because he couldn't have both. According to her she felt like that because she was afraid for her daughter because so many people have told her that I've said and I feel xyz about her and her baby. So we got to the nitty gritty of all the rumors swirling around about us, all the he said, she said and its funny how it all has one common denominator..... His cousin. Smdh

We talked a little longer, I finally had a drink. By the time I left I actually felt a little sorry for her,because you could see in her eyes that she really believed if she went along with the foolishness, in the end she would get the "prize"

I gave her my number (not really sure why) and told her she could call me anytime (again not sure why, it just seemed like the right thing to say **shrugs**) and left.

Again I'm not sure what the future holds, but a lot of times I read post around here and feel so sorry for the children mixed up in it and I know I just don't want that for us. So I'm gonna try my best to keep the peace and keep the communication lines open and just continue to pray on it all...

Thanks for listening.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 2:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kmur
by Bronze Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 2:43 PM
1 mom liked this

good luckfingers crossedpraying

GOOD LUCK, HOPE IT TURNS OUT GOOD, AND THINGS WILL START MOVING IN A POSITIVE DIRECTION :)

momof2ex1
by Ruby Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 2:48 PM
1 mom liked this
Good luck to you! I really hope it works out. Hey come back and let us know how it goes.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
IntactivistMama
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 3:00 PM
1 mom liked this
Good luck!
JalensMommy2012
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 4:19 PM
1 mom liked this
Thanks ladies. I am about to walk out the door right now and I feel about as jittery as I can be.

I plan to stay positive and if things start to go sour I am just gonna tip my hat and walk out.
momof2ex1
by Ruby Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 4:52 PM
3 moms liked this
That's the advice I would give if you were asking... Do your best, be positive and if it doesn't go well, know that you tried and it's a huge step to take at that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CodeBlue
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 11:03 AM
Sounds like it went better than it could have! Takes a lot of courage to give phone numbers out in hopes that it won't be abused.

I hope this is the beginning of a civil, drama free relationship between you and BM. Maybe now that you two have everything out in the open, those things won't ever be an issue again. Here is to hoping!
sandeeyo
by Le Bonjour Chat on Feb. 10, 2013 at 1:02 PM

Alcohol? Aren't you under 21?  lol  I thought you were 18 or something like that?  Just wondering... ;-)

shanlee42
by Silver Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 5:58 PM
Good for you. It sounds like it went well given the circumstances.
star33
by Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 10:21 PM

hopefully,it'll get better since the mtg.the exes and new women can actually be amicable.

FoodIsLife
by Bronze Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 10:27 PM

Good for you. I never had this talk. But then again the person starting the foolishness was her so I let it be and have never spoken to her since. If you haven't already, make sure you have Custody, visitation, and support all in the court system. Ther can never be he/she said with legal documents :-) It''s the thing that has saved our ass several times 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)