Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

Psyc. evaluation is back, I was right all these years!!

Posted by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 7:58 AM
  • 32 Replies

My 2 sd's came to live with us when they were 18 months and 28 months, the reason they were taken from bm was due to abuse and neglect and the fact bm beat the youngest so bad that she was hospitalized for 9 days. RIght from the start the oldest had problems ranging from destroying any babydoll that looked like bm to peeing in airvents and doing #2 in the closet. Thru the years her behavior has gottan worse to the point whole days go by and she knows nothng, not even her own name and has tried to leave school. THe disruptive behavior always happened following her visits with mom. I have took her to several therpist thru the years and finally found one that agreed a psyc. evaluation needed to be done before a dignoise could be decided. WEll results are back and recommendation for treatment. She suffers from RAD's thats where the child did not develope any attachment starting at birth and she suffers PTSD which is the end result of her seeing her mother beat the crap out of her sister and beating on her! THe report said her bm is the trigger and it could be her smell, a word or just a certain behavior that she does in front of the child that could set her off...They recommended we continue with therpy and with bm visitation right change the visits. Instead of sending her for 2 weekends out the month cut it down to over night from fri 6pm to sat 6pm. If her behavior continues then stop bm visits altogether until she is old enough to know her trigger and a healthy way to handle it..THere is no cure for RAD's and no medicine she can be put on for PTSD until she is older. BM comes friday to pick them up where we will inform her of the test results and let her know the changes to her visits. If she cant agree to do whats best for the girls then she gets no visits and she can take us to court where she will lose all custody rights!!

by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 7:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
chanizen
by Platinum Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 8:03 AM

My ss has RAD from his life before his mom and dh adopted him. It is a very hard road.  Good luck.

madpenguin33
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 8:30 AM
3 moms liked this
I dont understand how any judge would allow visitation to a parent if its known that the children have been abused. At least have visits supervised and no overnights. ( I know its not your call just venting). Glad the kids have you and your SO to care and love them. I've dealt with similar issues and unfortunately it didn't turn out well.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
vwd_johnson
by Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 8:34 AM
3 moms liked this
Why does mom have any visitation at all?!?!?! And overnight ALONE?

Oh boy. My heart breaks for them. I hope she disagree's so she loses all visitation. Any women who beats their children should not get rights to their kids.
whatIknownow
by Ruby Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 8:39 AM
1 mom liked this

Like the ladies above me, I am surprised she has unsupervised EOWE visitation based on the history you described. Was she charged with, or convicted of child abuse?

shanlee42
by Silver Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 9:08 AM
I'm completely baffled, like the ladies before me, as to why this woman is allowed any unsupervised visitation at all. I'm glad to hear you have the evaluation which will allow your SD to finally heal. Good luck.
Rae706
by Silver Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 9:20 AM
3 moms liked this
She put a baby in the hospital for 9 days? I can't believe she is walking the streets! Much less having unsupervised visits with the same children she beat! WTF?
annabl1970
by Gold Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 9:27 AM
I don't get it. Mother beats her child and still has unsupervised visitations? And on top of it you are going to send poor girl to have overnights with her?
I think you're crazy just as BM.
And thd therapist should lose her/ his license.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
IntactivistMama
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 9:33 AM
1 mom liked this
Horrible.

She shouldn't be allowed near them at all! :(
Polkadotted
by Gold Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 9:35 AM

I have a friend who's ex was convicted of child abuse and still gets unsupervised visits.  That was 4-5 years ago.  Recently the visitation was increased and the judge told my friend she was a bad mother for suggesting the kids talk to the judge because they were scared to go.  It was years ago and he wasn't a threat currently.

Sometimes hands are tied

AmyB118
by NA Rocks on Feb. 10, 2013 at 9:59 AM

A friend of mine adopted her nephews after her sister died.  The oldest has RAD - he had an awful life that the rest of the family was unaware of and the youngest was actually shielded from things by his older brother.  When they moved in w/my friend, the oldest turned on the youngest and eventually (since he tried to burn her house down) she had to institutionalize him.  Its been a few years since she and I have spoken but I imagine he's probably still where she had them place him.

It was very sad to watch - knowing  he couldn've been a normal healthy happy boy if not for what he was put thru....so sad for everyone involved

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)