Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

Hanging out with BM, bad idea or friendly gesture??

Posted by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 2:01 PM
  • 3 Replies

BM is coming to town this Thursday through Monday with my SD13 who lives with her currently (we have SD11 and SS9). She will be house hunting since she is planning the buy a house this spring. We plan to have SD13 stay with us during that time and SD11 and SS9 will be able to stay with her at her hotel if they choose to. However we want to do some fun activites with SD13 that weekend so we will be taking all the kids tubing on Saturday. Also, we have a groupon for 6 people to go bowling with snacks included and we wanted to include all the kids on that too so that it will be more fun. So I thought maybe we could go ahead and invite BM to come along on Friday night so she wouldn't feel like we were just trying to take the kids away when she was spending time with them. My DH was hesitant at first but he finally agreed to invite her along as well as her parents who will be in town too. My only concern is that BM is kind of unpredictable, when she is doing well she is great but other times she becomes difficult to be around. Her and I get along nearly all the time but we don't really see eachother that often. Thoughts? i don't want to cause unnecessary drama but I think the kids seeing us all get along and spending time with both parents will be good for them. 

by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 2:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
FloridaMomma
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 2:04 PM

Weren't you the one whose DH might get a job out of the country?  Does BM know that?  If so, why is she still househunting in your area?  If not, shouldn't you tell her, so that she doesn't waste her time/ money? 

As for that weekend, I would think that BM would want her kids to herself (and not share them with you).  Just my 2 cents.

fantasticfour
by Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 2:27 PM
1 mom liked this

I think it's just causing undue drama.

rocknmom85
by Silver Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 3:07 PM

Actually I think BM would want to go, she does not expect to have the kids for the entire time since she will be house hunting and staying in a hotel. Otherwise she would be stuck in the hotel with the kids since she really cannot afford to take them anywhere (her words). Any yes, DH has a potential job opportunity overseas but it may not be until next summer afterall, and BM is aware of this now. BM will get most of Thursday with all the kids and the younger two will be staying the night with her Thurs, Saturday and Sunday nights, any more than that an BM gets overwhelmed when she is not in her comfort zone (ie at home). 

Quoting FloridaMomma:

Weren't you the one whose DH might get a job out of the country?  Does BM know that?  If so, why is she still househunting in your area?  If not, shouldn't you tell her, so that she doesn't waste her time/ money? 

As for that weekend, I would think that BM would want her kids to herself (and not share them with you).  Just my 2 cents.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)