Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

does anyone do creative discipline? what do you do?

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 8:14 AM
  • 25 Replies

im at my wits end, ABSOLUTELY NOTHING WORKS....i need some ideas for new tactics, i hv researched and im not finding any smh.

grounding, hitting, taking away EVERYTHING, writing, talking, threatening, chances,take something away n child earns back, mowing the yard...NONE of these work AT ALL....

HELP!!!, please something that is creative and has a lasting affect is what we are looking for ....thanks ahead of time

by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 8:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Tigress22304
by Platinum Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 8:16 AM

here's a bump-I'm of no use-i have a special needs 8yr old-her discipline isn't your normal typical discipline and I don't discipline the skids. (I just take their electronics away and that's a death sentence to them right there)

kmur
by Bronze Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 8:19 AM

thank you, we have done the electronics also, i mean nothing works with this kid....banging head into wallfrustrated.

Quoting Tigress22304:

here's a bump-I'm of no use-i have a special needs 8yr old-her discipline isn't your normal typical discipline and I don't discipline the skids. (I just take their electronics away and that's a death sentence to them right there)

lnr187
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 8:20 AM

how long have you tried these things? it may not work right away, but you have to stick with it and eventually the kids will catch on. especially if you're taking away tv, or electronics. but make sur eyou do it every single time so they know you aren't joking. i can't think of anything other than what you've already done.

kmur
by Bronze Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 8:22 AM

over a year n a half...smh

Quoting lnr187:

how long have you tried these things? it may not work right away, but you have to stick with it and eventually the kids will catch on. especially if you're taking away tv, or electronics. but make sur eyou do it every single time so they know you aren't joking. i can't think of anything other than what you've already done.

lnr187
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 8:29 AM

yikes.

Quoting kmur:

over a year n a half...smh

Quoting lnr187:

lnr187
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 8:29 AM

a good old fashion belt whipping?

LOL JUST KIDDING

MommySabs
by Gold Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 8:49 AM
Something tedious like sitting and writing 'I will not blank' over and over? You never know what might click.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shanlee42
by Silver Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 8:58 AM

You need to find that one thing that is really important to the child. My nephew was hard to discipline because nothing and I mean nothing seemed to really work. On day I sent him to his room and it was a miracle. Solitude did it for him. He dislikes being alone. It may take some time but don't give up!

shanlee42
by Silver Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 8:59 AM

Awesome suggestion.

Quoting MommySabs:

Something tedious like sitting and writing 'I will not blank' over and over? You never know what might click.

pdxmum
by Ruby Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 9:58 AM

They already do that.

Quoting lnr187:

a good old fashion belt whipping?

LOL JUST KIDDING

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)