Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

**UPDATE** Bullying Advice

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 3:23 PM
  • 98 Replies
2 moms liked this

So I go to the principals office this morning to meet with her, to find that she had already called the boy's mother after speaking to me earlier this week!

So this is pretty much how it played out:

The principal explained to the boys mother the problems that was going on, and she was baffled, because ODD's teacher made it out to be like it was really no big deal, "Harmless Teasing" was the words that she used to describe it. His mother had no idea that he was punching ODD in the face and things to that nature. NONE. She was shocked.

The child is going to be suspended from school for 3 consecutive days starting on Tuesday, because of no school on Monday (president's day). Any infraction, if any, after that is to be handled by the principal directly, NOT the children's teacher. The mother of the boy sincerely apologized to me, and she said that she would be taking care of that little situation at home too.

As far as ODD's teacher goes, she is in trouble, but I doubt it will be more than anything other than a slap on the wrist for not taking things seriously. I requested that the principal approve her to be placed into a different classroom, and she did. ODD will start going to the same teacher that my younger brother had when he was in kindergarten. I requested her because I know she is very kind.

So all has worked out! Thank you ladies so much for your help and encouragement!!!!!

Okay Momma's.

ODD is in kindergarten this year. She has had a problem with this kid named David from week 1. He strikes her, pinches her, kicks her and scratches her at school. She has come home with bruises on her legs, and claw marks on her face and arms.

Her teacher is aware of all of these problems with this child. Her Dad, SF, SM and I have all expressed our concerns about this boy at all of the PTC's so far, and I call her teacher about the shit all the time. She keeps telling us that she's trying to keep the contact to a minimum, and that the boy has a behavior problem.

Today I had to literally force a crying DD out the door to go to school. I called her teacher again today and told her that David had punched her in the face yesterday. Her teacher told me that there was another incident TODAY on the way to the buses to go home. I blatantly asked her what she was going to do about this, and she tells me she is going to move their seats, because they sit by each other. ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME???? This kid abuses my daughter, and you permit them to sit beside each other?? WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU?????

What do I do now? She is of NO help what so ever, a total fucking ditz I swear. Do I go to the principal?

What can I do to console DD? That child has been through so much in her little life up to this point, this is the last thing she needs. Nothing I say to her helps.

by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 3:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PumpkinSpice8
by Silver Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 3:28 PM
1 mom liked this
I would talk to the principal.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Derdriu
by Gold Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 3:30 PM

Yes, you go to the principal.  Request a change in classrooms if you must.  Your DD is too young defend herself, so if her teacher won't (or more likely can't) do something about this situation, you must.  Problems the other kid may or may not have are irrelevant.  His parents can cope with that.   You and your DD shouldn't have to be victims of it.

andie646c
by Silver Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 3:31 PM

I'd go to the principal ... 

My son started refusing to go to school. Kept coming home telling me he was being hit, kicked, bit, etc. At 3 though it's difficult to know the whole truth though ... After two weeks of literally dragging him into the building crying, I took him out. Something was obviously wrong, nothing was being done and he didn't have to be there, I can educate him.

With your DD, it makes sense to go in, tell the principal. Then the admin building ... if all else fails, demand a class or school change. If they refuse, look into your states homeschool laws.

Tigress22304
by Ruby Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 3:32 PM
5 moms liked this

Teach her how to whoop that little fucker's ass. That boy should have been moved after the 2nd time.

Eff that-have one of them switched to another classroom. And have a talk with his parents.

Stick her in karate classes if possible. So she can learn some twi-can of whoop-ass!

kim8934
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 3:33 PM
1 mom liked this

call the principal now.  If he/she does nothing, call the police and file abuse charges against the kid.  That will get the school's attention.  Your daughter has the right to attend school without any threats or abuse.

MommyBear28
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 3:36 PM

Deff. go to the principal! Ask for a class change, if possible! 

destiny83
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 3:38 PM

Oh yes, you must talk to the principle. If one student is causing the problem they should be able to put him on a "behavior contract" to which if he breaks will be transferred to another school.

Dana333810
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 3:43 PM

I've deeply been considering this, because I started going back to school full time in the evenings and quit my day job. I could do the home-school thing with her. I was home-schooled for my senior year.

Quoting andie646c:

I'd go to the principal ... 

My son started refusing to go to school. Kept coming home telling me he was being hit, kicked, bit, etc. At 3 though it's difficult to know the whole truth though ... After two weeks of literally dragging him into the building crying, I took him out. Something was obviously wrong, nothing was being done and he didn't have to be there, I can educate him.

With your DD, it makes sense to go in, tell the principal. Then the admin building ... if all else fails, demand a class or school change. If they refuse, look into your states homeschool laws.

IntactivistMama
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 3:44 PM
Principal. Now.

Do whatever you can to protect your daughter. I'm stunned this brat er kid with a "behavior problem" who is violent isn't being segregated from other students etc.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Dana333810
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 3:45 PM

Trust me, (You've saw pics of bug on fb) She could whoop ass. She is just afraid that she will get in trouble, because I will be pissed. I told her today though, that if that kid touched her one more time, she had my permission to sock him a good one and I would not be mad. That's not the answer to the problem though!

Quoting Tigress22304:

Teach her how to whoop that little fucker's ass. That boy should have been moved after the 2nd time.

Eff that-have one of them switched to another classroom. And have a talk with his parents.

Stick her in karate classes if possible. So she can learn some twi-can of whoop-ass!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)