Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

need some advice-sorry if its confusing

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 7:51 PM
  • 12 Replies
My sd bm is an evil malicious.... She got the courts to agree to supervised visitation, both parties agreed that my Dh mom would be present for all visits. Well Dh mom is "too busy" to supervise the visits, to make matters worse bm and dh mom talk on a consistent basis. Dh mom will sometimes take sd at 6pm on Friday and in Sunday at 4pm ask why we haven't come seen sd. Knowing she never informed us she had sd. Is there any way too file contempt charges against Dh mom? This is nothing more than a game to them and its not fair to sd.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 7:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PumpkinSpice8
by Silver Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 7:57 PM
Are there set visitation times? Or a number of hours of visitation a week needed to be met? If so, and she isn't meeting them, she can be held in contempt. But if it's at the whim of BM and MIL, then you would have to ask for a modification with set times in order to enforce it.
lnr187
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 7:57 PM

so wait, sd lives with bm and dh can have supervised visits? why does dh only get supervised visits? you can't file contempt, because mil isn't doing anything wrong. if dh wants to see his kid, then he can contact mil and ask to set up a time that works for everyone. that's his responsibility.

touchingstars
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 8:09 PM
He called her yet again to find out about this weekend and she said she can't cause she is going to a karaoke bar. The other weekend she said she had some thing else to do(I cant remember what) he asks bm when he can see her and her responses usually are 1) she is better off without you 2) you are a poor excuse for a man 3) I want more money 4) Fuck you. Dh has supervised visits because well she lied to the courts and said that he Would hide sd.

Quoting lnr187:

so wait, sd lives with bm and dh can have supervised visits? why does dh only get supervised visits? you can't file contempt, because mil isn't doing anything wrong. if dh wants to see his kid, then he can contact mil and ask to set up a time that works for everyone. that's his responsibility.

amantonacci
by Platinum Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 8:26 PM

I would go back to court to have the visitation modified. Take MIL off as the person to supervise and have set days and times put into place. Is this a perminate order right now? If it's temporary when is he suppose to go back to court?

JacyB
by Bronze Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 9:05 PM
1 mom liked this
Get a paid supervisor.
packermomof2
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 9:17 PM

Did she bat her eyes at the judge to get him to agree?  Give him a blow job?  She had no proof that supervised vistis were the best idea right now and she just convinced a judge that it was best...somehow?

shanlee42
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 9:23 PM
I feel like there is more to the story. Is this what he told you or what you witnessed with the court?
DDDaysh
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 9:32 PM
1 mom liked this
This sounds like the stories my ex tells his new flings....
lnr187
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 9:58 PM

LOL that's what im wondering. you have to prove that bf is a detriment to the child. has he ever tried to take sd, hide her, keep her from her bm? if not, then bm wouldn't have a case... so im thinking there has to be more to it than that.

Quoting packermomof2:

Did she bat her eyes at the judge to get him to agree?  Give him a blow job?  She had no proof that supervised vistis were the best idea right now and she just convinced a judge that it was best...somehow?

momof2ex1
by Ruby Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:06 AM
I fought tooth and nail for supervised visits. It isn't that easy to get and the proof must be solid. Maybe you don't know the entire story?
Oops I just realized I quoted the wrong person. This was meant for the OP. sorry about that!!

Quoting amantonacci:

I would go back to court to have the visitation modified. Take MIL off as the person to supervise and have set days and times put into place. Is this a perminate order right now? If it's temporary when is he suppose to go back to court?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN