Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

Had a great moment on Sunday with SD6

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 5:31 PM
  • 9 Replies
2 moms liked this

So still in the planning phases of combining into a three-person family-type unit (SO and SD6 are moving into new house on Saturday and I will rent my place and move in by summertime). Spending lots of quality time with SD6 and really starting to enjoy her. We're settling into a nice little relationship.

On Sunday I told her that I'm looking forward to visiting her at the new house. I asked what she thought about that. She said, "You can visit ANYTIME. I wish we lived next door to you so that we could see you all the time". SIGH. That kid sure knows how to pull on my heartstrings but boy, did it make me feel all warm and fuzzy.

Now I KNOW that someone out there is going to say "just wait til.... xyz happens". I know. I get it. It's not always going to be sunshine and puppies. But for now, I'm really enjoying getting to know this little girl who is so very loved by the man I love.

by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 5:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
saywhat2102
by Gold Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 5:34 PM
Congrats! First post I've seen all day that is nothing but FAB!

Enjoy your new friend;-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
amonkeymom
by Amy on Feb. 14, 2013 at 2:10 PM

What a sweet little girl!

mom2boys664
by Bronze Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 3:49 PM

That's great! I always think of the early days with my skids, it was so sweet like that. My oldest skids are almost 25  & 20 now, but they were 1 & 6 when I met them - I had a great time getting to know them. My new skids are 6 & 4 now , and my ds just turned 7 -  I just love that age.

DDDaysh
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 4:32 PM
2 moms liked this

Yeah, it's a good thing kids are cute at least some of the time...  it's the only reason the human race still exists. 

laughnchica
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 4:37 PM

DF's daughter (who is admittedly a cute toddler) gets that all the time. "Oh my GOSH, she is just SO adorable!" or "She is just the cutest thing EVER" and DF and I (who do believe she is cute) are in the background thinking in our heads "Yeah, MOST of the time" or "Try living with her". Lol. These special moments are definitely children's saving graces.

Quoting DDDaysh:

Yeah, it's a good thing kids are cute at least some of the time...  it's the only reason the human race still exists. 

EmilyJ604
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 8:30 AM

My sd just turned 6 when her dad and i got married I can honestly say it has always been sunshine and puppies between her and I we have had a good relationship from day 1 now bm is another story.

keri5374
by Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 7:30 PM

That's so wonderful to hear. Thank you for sharing that.

Quoting EmilyJ604:

My sd just turned 6 when her dad and i got married I can honestly say it has always been sunshine and puppies between her and I we have had a good relationship from day 1 now bm is another story.

keri5374
by Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 8:18 PM

SDs first night in the new house. Time for bed. She says "will you come in for story time?" 

Ummmmm YEAH I will!!!!

She's in her pjs and says "Keri, will you read?" Snuggles against me throuhout story. Oh, so very happy.

saywhat2102
by Gold Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 8:57 PM
1 mom liked this
Enjoy it hun :-). It may always be like this it may not. Might be hell. But, you know that already ;-).

You still have that first I love you Keri coming. Lol. You don't have a soul if that don't give you the warm and fuzzies.

Quoting keri5374:

SDs first night in the new house. Time for bed. She says "will you come in for story time?" 

Ummmmm YEAH I will!!!!

She's in her pjs and says "Keri, will you read?" Snuggles against me throuhout story. Oh, so very happy.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)