Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

My stepdaughter and Me

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 11:37 PM
  • 13 Replies
1 mom liked this

well my step daughter came to me today telling me she does not wanna to see her mom( she has not seen her mom in 6 months) and we are going though a cousdy battle with her. she is trying to get sole cusdty of her but she has lived with me and my husband amlost for 4 years and only befor that lived with her father (my husband). Her mom has not seen or called her in that long of time. im not sure what i should tell her. 

by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 11:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mamaBerg85
by Silver Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 11:46 PM
How old is she? Bm will most likely get at least visitation and u will have to allow it decument a lot and reasure her that her Mom loves her. I know that's hard but shed going to have to go the court will make her go on visits and the more u reasure her that it's a safe good idea the better off she will be.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
pdxmum
by Ruby Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 11:51 PM

I would assume you and her father have already discussed what to share with her?

jenkhloe12
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 12:57 PM

well mamaberg85 it is not safe at her moms house because of some that hapend there

amonkeymom
by Amy on Feb. 14, 2013 at 2:12 PM

Welcome.

If it's not safe at her mom's then chances are that she will not get sole custody.  I'd just let your SD know though that mom loves her and so do dad and you and that you all want what's best for her and will take her thoughts/feelings into account.

whatIknownow
by Emerald Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 5:39 PM

I am confused. Why is her mom pursuing custody of her DD? Why hasn't she seen her in 6 months?

amantonacci
by Gold Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 5:51 PM
2 moms liked this

Wait I don't understand... She hasn't seen her in 6 months but she hasn't talked to her since she moved in with dad over 4 years ago?

AmyB118
by NA Rocks on Feb. 14, 2013 at 11:02 PM

I used to tell DD, when she was small and we were going thru custody issues w/BF, that it was up to the judge when it came to visits.  She'd say she didn't want to see him and I'd tell her that it wasn't my decision to make but that I'd make sure to let the judge know, to the best of my ability, how she felt.  And that he would make whatever decision was right for everyone involved.  

Maybe you could tell her that it would be ok if she wrote a letter to the judge explaining her position and why she felt that way - you don't actually have to give it to the courts (unless your DH feels he wants to) but you could share it w/your attorney and it may make her feel better to at least get her feelings out on paper.

Sometimes it's enough for them to just know someone is listening to how they feel even if that person can't control the outcome of every situation,

jenkhloe12
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 12:13 AM

She not seen her mom since sept 1, 2012  Her mom has not call since oct 13,2012 that was the last time she had talked to her. my step daughter does not ask about her and even ask to call her. my husband and i have call many time totry and get her mom to come see her but she always say i dont have the gas money to give my mom to take me there. Or i cant get the day off.  we even try and set time when its her days off and it the same thing 

jenkhloe12
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 12:13 AM

she thinks she is going to get her.

jenkhloe12
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 12:16 AM

she did tell out lawyer that she does not wanna live with her and wants to see her at our house. Our lawyer said its up to the judge

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)