Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

OT Homework/Kids

Posted by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 1:00 PM
  • 25 Replies

BM calls 730am this morning, bitching at DH (who just got home from working an 8h shift) because ss6 refused to do his homework.

DH asked BM why wasn't it done yesterday when he came home from school? BM said "he didn't wanna do it when he came home, so I let him play on the xbox instead"

DH told her "not my house, not my problem" and she should have the kids on a homework schedule vs allowing them to do it whenever they feel like.

He (and I) have told her many times, when they come home from school, sit them down at the table and SUPERVISE THEM until all the homework is done.

*BM has 4 of her 5 kids in school. SD14/SD11/SS10/SS6. The only child who doesn't have bad homework grades is ss10. The other 3 all have bad grades for incomplete/not turning in homework.

SF and DH both told BM-to sit with the kids-make sure all assignments are done and packed away. Then they will be allowed to go do whatever.

She chooses not to listen to any ideas, so today DH had enough and told her"since you refuse to listen to me or (SF) don't come crying to me about this again"

For the record, if the skids, or DD8, has homework-they sit at the table as soon as they get home-I will supervise, we check it over together, fix any mistakes and it's done and over with.

She swears the skids are like Jekyll and Hyde...because we don't have half the problems she does at her house with these 2!

by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 1:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Dana333810
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 1:05 PM

SS6 is in what, kindergarten, first grade??? HOW THE FUCK do you fail homework in K or 1st?????? I couldn't imagine.

Quoting Tigress22304:

BM calls 730am this morning, bitching at DH (who just got home from working an 8h shift) because ss6 refused to do his homework.

DH asked BM why wasn't it done yesterday when he came home from school? BM said "he didn't wanna do it when he came home, so I let him play on the xbox instead"

DH told her "not my house, not my problem" and she should have the kids on a homework schedule vs allowing them to do it whenever they feel like.

He (and I) have told her many times, when they come home from school, sit them down at the table and SUPERVISE THEM until all the homework is done.

*BM has 4 of her 5 kids in school. SD14/SD11/SS10/SS6. The only child who doesn't have bad homework grades is ss10. The other 3 all have bad grades for incomplete/not turning in homework.

SF and DH both told BM-to sit with the kids-make sure all assignments are done and packed away. Then they will be allowed to go do whatever.

She chooses not to listen to any ideas, so today DH had enough and told her"since you refuse to listen to me or (SF) don't come crying to me about this again"

For the record, if the skids, or DD8, has homework-they sit at the table as soon as they get home-I will supervise, we check it over together, fix any mistakes and it's done and over with.

She swears the skids are like Jekyll and Hyde...because we don't have half the problems she does at her house with these 2!

Tigress22304
by Ruby Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 1:10 PM

Quoting Dana333810:

SS6 is in what, kindergarten, first grade??? HOW THE FUCK do you fail homework in K or 1st?????? I couldn't imagine.

Quoting Tigress22304:

If you don't do it, or hand it in-that's a bad mark

Scottiesmom1114
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 1:10 PM
1 mom liked this
My husband and I have the same problem with his dd6 BM. She has horrible grades and is way behind her class mates in learning. BM says she's only 6 and she's doin fine in school but all we get is bad grades and reports.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
LovingMy2x4
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 1:12 PM

Some kids that age get a ridiculous amount of hmwk. My DD had SO MUCH!!!! I imagine if BM isnt making him do it, he is getting poor hmwk grades.

BM in our sitch does the same thing. SS14 got in trouble once because his report wasnt done by 5pm. She called SO freaking out. SO asks to put SS on the phone for a 3 way convo. Turns out the report wasnt done because the printer was broken and BM had expected SS to fix it. He didnt know how. Seriously, what on Earth was SO supposed to do to help her?? He told her she was wrong and to give SS back his cell phone that she had taken away as his punishment.

Quoting Dana333810:

Quoting Tigress22304:

*J*

Dana333810
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 1:14 PM

Jesus christ. That homework is the simplest shit ever to help a kid through.

What does this cumdumpster do all evening that she can't help k or 1 homework?????

Quoting Tigress22304:

Quoting Dana333810:

Quoting Tigress22304:

Dana333810
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 1:15 PM

Still......that's just plain laziness!

Quoting LovingMy2x4:

Some kids that age get a ridiculous amount of hmwk. My DD had SO MUCH!!!! I imagine if BM isnt making him do it, he is getting poor hmwk grades.

BM in our sitch does the same thing. SS14 got in trouble once because his report wasnt done by 5pm. She called SO freaking out. SO asks to put SS on the phone for a 3 way convo. Turns out the report wasnt done because the printer was broken and BM had expected SS to fix it. He didnt know how. Seriously, what on Earth was SO supposed to do to help her?? He told her she was wrong and to give SS back his cell phone that she had taken away as his punishment.

Quoting Dana333810:

Quoting Tigress22304:

SP_Mama
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 1:16 PM
Our house is the same way. When we get home they have a snack and then it's homework time. They don't get to play or go to the park until homework is finished. It's always worked for our kids.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
1SpaZZedMom
by Librarian on Feb. 14, 2013 at 1:16 PM
2 moms liked this

slap

Sending this to BM... LMAO 

Tigress22304
by Ruby Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 1:38 PM

Quoting Dana333810:

Jesus christ. That homework is the simplest shit ever to help a kid through.

What does this cumdumpster do all evening that she can't help k or 1 homework?????

Quoting Tigress22304:

Quoting Dana333810:

Quoting Tigress22304:

according to the kids-she naps or lays in bed watching tv, She expects sd15 to watch the kids until dinner time so BM can get her "rest"

Derdriu
by Gold Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 2:00 PM

That's just lazy parenting.  We have the same rules in our home that you do:  Work before play.  SD is old enough to not need a reminder or supervisor, though she will often ask for help with certain subjects.  SS is getting the age where we shouldn't have to remind him.  He's finding out that failure on our part to ask, "Do you have homework?" does not remove his responsibility to do it.  If we find out later that he had homework and chose to play instead, he's grounded.  "I forgot" is not an acceptable excuse.  I can count on one hand the number of times he's "forgotten". 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN