Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

bm wont allow dh any week days due to "school"

Posted by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 3:41 PM
  • 67 Replies
Ss is freshly 3. He goes to daycare not school dh doesnt see the harm in taking him 2 weekdays and letting bm keep him in daycare the other 3 weekdays so she can work.
She thinks this will forever destroy ss's ability to learn.....

Your thoughts?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 3:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Birdseed
by Platinum Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 3:42 PM

Is she paying for 5 day a week care?  What's the CO?

DDDaysh
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 3:56 PM

At 3 my son was still in regular daycare because I didn't feel he was ready for preschool, but some daycares really are more like preschool. 

When my son started actual preschool at a different daycare when he was 4, it would have been very disruptive to his schedule to miss two days a week.  Even though they only really did about 2 hours of structured learning activities every day, there was a curriculum, and missing that often would have impaired his Kindergarten readiness. 

Has dad visited the daycare to see the type of academic environment it provides?  Has he inquired with the daycare providers about a 3-day/week schedule and the impact that would have on the child or if that center even allows it? 

If they do most of their learning in the morning, or afternoon, would he be able to take the child there for that part of the day? 

laughnchica
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 4:02 PM

^^I agree with DDDaysh with going and talking to the daycare himself. If it is a preschool/daycare it might clash with the schedule but there should be NO reason he can't go talk to them himself and ask them what would NOT disrupt the schedule if it even would.

I personally basing my experience off of JUST regular daycare don't think it would stop him from learning. Toddlers learn things from everything around them constantly.

Dana333810
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 4:02 PM

Depends on the CO, who pays for the daycare, ect.

IntactivistMama
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 4:05 PM
4 moms liked this
Follow the CO. If there isn't one, get one.
feliciasmith
by Bronze Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 4:49 PM
1 mom liked this
They're in that process right now.

Quoting IntactivistMama:

IntactivistMama
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 5:03 PM
Great. :-)

Quoting feliciasmith:

They're in that process right now.

Quoting IntactivistMama:

lnr187
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 5:05 PM
1 mom liked this

i think she's crazy. missing 2 days od daycare will not effect his ability to learn... lots of kids don't go to daycare! what's the visitation/custody arrangment in the CO?

momoftwo902
by Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 5:38 PM

she may be doing it because when you guys get in front of the judge and she has him in there for five days and that has been the routine the judge is less likley to change it. that is from my own experience with the court system

amantonacci
by Gold Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 5:45 PM

I know that there are some programs that won't allow students to go part time...?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)