Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

Why did she seem so unhappy? **ETA**

Posted by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 4:10 PM
  • 25 Replies

Maybe someone can help me.  I took DD5 flowers to school....she was napping but she'll be super excited.  Took SD9 (today--yes her bday is on valentines) flowers and bday balloons.  She acted like she hated them and didn't want anyone to know she got them.  I would have LOVED to get stuff like that at school when I was little.  Maybe theres someone that can shed some light on it.  I just wanted them to know how special they are.

**ETA**

She WAS embarrassed at first.  She took them down to her class and was red but then everyone was jealous and asking her if they could have them.  That changed her mind and she was super happy.  She was downright GIDDY after school.  YAY!!  Thanks for all the advise.

by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 4:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
laughnchica
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 4:13 PM
1 mom liked this

Maybe it was embarrassing to her to have that happen at school? I am not sure. Maybe ask her why she didn't like it?

MrsSufi
by Bronze Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 4:16 PM

Well with me I always just assume that SD is then reminded that her mother didnt do anything special for her and it makes her feel bad. Could that be why?

dbush0584
by Bronze Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 4:21 PM

That actually makes A LOT of sense.  I didn't even think of that.

Quoting MrsSufi:

Well with me I always just assume that SD is then reminded that her mother didnt do anything special for her and it makes her feel bad. Could that be why?

dbush0584
by Bronze Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 4:22 PM

It could be but I don't understand why.

Quoting laughnchica:

Maybe it was embarrassing to her to have that happen at school? I am not sure. Maybe ask her why she didn't like it?

DDDaysh
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 4:28 PM
1 mom liked this

Because 9-year-olds are much more prone to embarassment than 5-year-olds would be my guess...  plus kids are just different. 

One of my friends says that in second grade, kids will do anything and love the spotlight on them.  Then sometime in 3rd grade that just flips and everything in the world is embarassing, and anything that makes their friends stare is just absolutely going to kill them... 

MomGoingCrazy78
by Lindy Lou on Feb. 14, 2013 at 4:29 PM

Sorry, I'm not help. I've always sent balloons, candy, pop, stuffed animals, whatever to the schools for bdays and holidays.  Did her BM send her something?

Dana333810
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 4:30 PM

I agree with this, and also there could have been a little bit of embarrassment there too....

I think it was very sweet of you to do what you did though, OP. =)

Quoting MrsSufi:

Dana333810
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 4:30 PM
1 mom liked this

She will remember stuff like that when she gets older though.....hopefully it'll be more special to her then. Try to keep your head up!

whatIknownow
by Ruby Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 4:38 PM

very strange. I would ask her later, why she didn't want anyone to know. Maybe the kids in her class don't do that, and she felt it made her different? maybe someone made fun of her for something?

dbush0584
by Bronze Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 4:45 PM

BM is MIA

Quoting MomGoingCrazy78:

Sorry, I'm not help. I've always sent balloons, candy, pop, stuffed animals, whatever to the schools for bdays and holidays.  Did her BM send her something?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)