Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

Sd's life would be so much better with us!

Posted by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 12:07 AM
  • 34 Replies

Poll

Question: do you think you should be NCSM or CSM?

Options:

NCSM

CSM

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 10

View Results

She's sick ALL the time, her Bm hardly bathes her and always has her in dirty too small clothes because she spends all her money on stuff for herself! I'm so tired of Bm using Sd as a paycheck (both from Dh and from the state)! If she doesn't want to love and take care of Sd, I would do so happily! I don't even want Bm to pay childsupport. Just sign over her rights and let Sd have a good life with us!

rant over.

*EDIT* sorry i reminded you guys of some other post, that was most definitely not me. The sign over her rights part was in the heat of the moment, i know that Sd loves her mom so i would never want her to just be out of her life completely. However, i thought that this page was a good one for letting out some anger, my mistake, won't happen again.

also, i most defininetely am married and i also have a Dd named Abigail.

by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 12:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
teenmom0305
by Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 12:13 AM

ds step mom things the same about me. She is telling almost the same things about me to anyone who will listen. She has gone as far as calling CPS on me for different things. She thinks if enough reports are made she will get ds. 

Polkadotted
by Gold Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 12:13 AM

What makes you say that she doesn't love your SD?

abigailsmommy11
by Kelli on Feb. 15, 2013 at 12:18 AM

Because, when you love your child you take care of them and you most definitely don't use them as a weapon against their father like Bm has done on several occasions. 

mamaBerg85
by Silver Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 12:23 AM
I voted yes because I am a csm. I would not have it any other way!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
sid1083
by Bronze Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 12:32 AM
There aren't enough solid facts in your post to warrant a decision one way or another. Just because you "think" you're better doesn't mean it's so.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
babie113
by Bronze Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 12:34 AM
I'm a csm my SD. Bm was the same way but SD didn't want to live with her bm either
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Polkadotted
by Gold Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 12:38 AM

I think you are making a mistake that will cause heartache later by thinking that she doesn't love her child.  I would be afraid that would translate to you thinking the child should love you more once you were able to be a CSM. 

Being a CSM is hard.  Even with all the shitty things that BM has done, I know there is strong love between her and the kids.  That love is not connected to the things they do.  It's troublesome to tie them together.

Quoting abigailsmommy11:

Because, when you love your child you take care of them and you most definitely don't use them as a weapon against their father like Bm has done on several occasions. 

pdxmum
by Ruby Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 12:58 AM

No way I want to be a NCSM.  I would have failed as a SAHM to DDs.  I stopped at 2 kids.  I am not interested in raising a brood of 4 all the time.

but OP, you just seem to be one in a long line lately so SMs who want custody.  Oi.

ejsmom4604
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 2:02 AM

As a SM (and BM) it doesn't matter what WE want. It's what the bio-parents want. Until you are in BM's home 24/7 and see everything that is going on, you can't really say. You know little bits that you see and little bits you are told. Your hubby needs to decide what HE wants, and if HE wants full custody of his daughter, HE needs to do something about it. And even if he were to get full custody, you are still not BM, and ultimately will have very little say in things, at least legally. 

MommySabs
by Gold Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 7:02 AM
3 moms liked this
This sounds suspiciously like the part time post the other day, including a poll that has leading answers.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)