Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

just thought I'd share

Posted by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 7:16 AM
  • 9 Replies
1 mom liked this
Nothing to do with a step parent other then my sd and dd are both on the autism spectrum ( no blood relation) their school has been getting on my nerves lately. On Monday I am starting the process of getting them tested for a special needs school. Im soooo excited about this and I want them to get accepted. So please wish us luck and pray for us.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 7:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
saywhat2102
by Gold Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 8:36 AM

Best of luck<3

Lorena
by Bronze Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 8:43 AM
Best of luck!
pepper504
by Platinum Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 11:15 AM

Good luck.

tazlover01
by Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 1:31 PM

Praying for you.

MomGoingCrazy78
by Lindy Lou on Feb. 15, 2013 at 3:47 PM

Good luck!!

Tigress22304
by Ruby Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 6:26 PM

Goood luck!

DD8 is on the spectrum-she's in a special needs school and LOVES it (so do i but im not allowed to attend there :P)

hopefully you'll be able to tour the school ahead of time and you can bring the girls with. We were able to bring DD8 and she was VERY interested in everything.

Plus they'll be really hands on with the girls and they'll thrive 250%

mamaBerg85
by Silver Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 7:35 PM
I work for a special needs school ( different from the one I'm testing them for.) Its so nice. We have a dance once a month and the kids are so encouraging of each other and I think I love that more then anything. I don't see that as much in a typical school. Kids in typical school seam to pick on the kids that have disabilities but the kids in a special needs school seam to understand each other better. Its so exciting.

Quoting Tigress22304:

Goood luck!

DD8 is on the spectrum-she's in a special needs school and LOVES it (so do i but im not allowed to attend there :P)

hopefully you'll be able to tour the school ahead of time and you can bring the girls with. We were able to bring DD8 and she was VERY interested in everything.

mamaBerg85
by Silver Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 7:35 PM
1 mom liked this
I work for a special needs school ( different from the one I'm testing them for.) Its so nice. We have a dance once a month and the kids are so encouraging of each other and I think I love that more then anything. I don't see that as much in a typical school. Kids in typical school seam to pick on the kids that have disabilities but the kids in a special needs school seam to understand each other better. Its so exciting.

Quoting Tigress22304:

Goood luck!

Tigress22304
by Ruby Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 7:39 PM

Quoting mamaBerg85:

Quoting Tigress22304:

Goood luck!

don't get me started on regular schools!!! I love DD8's school. THey always welcome visitors-they encourage the families to visit. They hold several luncheons and daytime activities-and it's a refreshing change from when we went to school.

And you're right-special needs children are so much more encouraging of one another. I see it all the time :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN