Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

Ok at a loss with Sd 17

Posted by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 10:45 AM
  • 6 Replies
We let SD go to a concert last night. When she wasn't home at 1am Dh texted her. The bm texted DH saying she had her. Last weekend she was there not her time to have her. Took no clothes nothing. We are in seperate states. Our state says she is considered a adult. The bm state says take up with court. We have no idea when she will be returned. What happened to parental kidnapping etc we have been up since 1 am... At a loss of how to handle this.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 10:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Birdseed
by Platinum Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 10:48 AM

How is it kidnapping if SD tranported herself?

tiredmama42
by Silver Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 11:02 AM
She didnt she was picked up by a friend and friends father took her. They didn't know wasn't supposed to leave with bm

Quoting Birdseed:

How is it kidnapping if SD tranported herself?

Birdseed
by Platinum Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 11:16 AM

Well that's on those parents.  Why on earth would they not return her back to where she came from without discussing it with the parents?

At 17, she is old enough to have input on where she lives.  If she really wants to go stay with BM, you guys may be SOL.  

I didn't go back to my Dad's after I was 15.  There were totally different issues than what you've posted about, so not saying anything specific to you.  just that it wasn't very enforceable once I got a little older and had some (valid) reasons for not going there anymore.

tiredmama42
by Silver Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 11:25 AM
It depends in the state. We had to go thru court on they don't let kids make that decision until there is no more child support exchanged. We had sd only cause we did it thru the court because she begged us to.

Quoting Birdseed:

Well that's on those parents.  Why on earth would they not return her back to where she came from without discussing it with the parents?

At 17, she is old enough to have input on where she lives.  If she really wants to go stay with BM, you guys may be SOL.  

I didn't go back to my Dad's after I was 15.  There were totally different issues than what you've posted about, so not saying anything specific to you.  just that it wasn't very enforceable once I got a little older and had some (valid) reasons for not going there anymore.

chanizen
by Platinum Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 8:41 AM
1 mom liked this
Honestly? At 17 you must let this go. The kid is old enough to have a preference respected by any court.

Let go.
tiredmama42
by Silver Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 7:20 AM

Quoting chanizen:

Honestly? At 17 you must let this go. The kid is old enough to have a preference respected by any court.

Let go.

Again .. it depends on the state.   OHio adopted laws preventing kids to go back and fourth between parents. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN