Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

is a stressful time.  It is hard.  And court shouldn't be a spectator event when parents are trying to work something out that is so personal and dear to them.  

So why do so many SP's want to be involved in that when it really, truly isn't about them no matter how they spin the situation?

"What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance. Let them take arms."
Thomas Jefferson
to James Madison

"They that give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin
American Statesman
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 1:19 PM
Replies (181-182):
AmyB118
by NA Rocks on Feb. 21, 2013 at 12:12 AM

Funny tho.....in cases where NCP IS a deadbeat then SM just seriously back off....who wants to defend a deadbeat?

And like I've told both DH and BM - I was NOT in the room when they were made so they are NOT my problem.  I will always listen to BOTH sides and give as unbiased advice as I can, but really - it was ALL up to the BPs to duke it out.  

Quoting Lurion:

OMG you read my mind!!!

There are the rare cases where one of the parents is a deadbeat, but most of the time I think everyone would be better off if SM just steps back. 

Lurion
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 12:26 AM

Hahaha!! There are CM groups for that, too.  

Quoting AmyB118:

Funny tho.....in cases where NCP IS a deadbeat then SM just seriously back off....who wants to defend a deadbeat?

And like I've told both DH and BM - I was NOT in the room when they were made so they are NOT my problem.  I will always listen to BOTH sides and give as unbiased advice as I can, but really - it was ALL up to the BPs to duke it out.  

Quoting Lurion:

OMG you read my mind!!!

There are the rare cases where one of the parents is a deadbeat, but most of the time I think everyone would be better off if SM just steps back. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN