Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

Do you do your stepkids' laundry?

Posted by   + Show Post
I was going to just ask the moms who have 50/50 but on 2nd thought, I'd love to hear from everyone.

I just started doing it because I hate that my bf waits until the kids have no clothes left. So I started taking on his, and his 2 youngest. His oldest is 8 and I think she got embarrassed that I was doing her laundry, so she said she wanted to learn to do her own. My only dd is 13 and does her own.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 3:25 PM
Replies (11-20):
saywhat2102
by Gold Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 3:38 PM
1 mom liked this
YOU SAW THAT?!?!?!

Geeeezzzzz! It wasn't me *blushes*

Quoting sandeeyo:

She does the laundry so she can wear their underwear on her head when they're not looking!

Quoting saywhat2102:

I'm a csm. I do my stepson's, my husbands and my laundry.

I wash, dry and fold/hang up. They put them away.

I really hate doing laundry. Those tide pod things are my new best friends though. Makes it a little easier :-D. Yay me lol

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
grumpyboston
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 3:39 PM
Yes but then I stopped he can do his oen kids laundry. Im not a slave and thats what he was likin so I stopped
JustaSM231
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 3:44 PM
50/50. I do all the laundry. The skids usually help with folding and putting everyone's stuff away as well as sorting it out. I actually wash and dry but they help with everything else. I like doing laundry though.
Dana333810
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 3:58 PM
DH and I often share laundry tasks, but yes I do ss's laundry. We are 50/50.
andie646c
by Silver Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 4:01 PM

I do all laundry that makes its way to the laundry room. If the kids don't bring it then it doesn't get washed.

CodeBlue
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 4:02 PM

I do the laundry - although occasionally DF will rotate a load for me and think he's just being super helpful. ;) Skids are 3 and 4.  When SD 16 was here, she did her own. 

And honestly, I'd rather do laundry than dishes (which DF does) so it works for us :) 

I'm a firm believer in kiddos being helpful - they have to put their dirty clothes in the hamper and they help fold and put them away. 

We are pretty much 50/50.  

andie646c
by Silver Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 4:04 PM

I love the pods too! I almost enjoy laundry with those, lol. Now if only there were something that would fold for me. :p

Quoting saywhat2102:

I'm a csm. I do my stepson's, my husbands and my laundry.

I wash, dry and fold/hang up. They put them away.

I really hate doing laundry. Those tide pod things are my new best friends though. Makes it a little easier :-D. Yay me lol

viv212
by Bronze Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 4:07 PM
So no one really complains then huh? That's good to know.

Except for the SM who's 13 year old skid still has accidents. That would drive me up the wall.
SteeleJ
by Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 4:08 PM

My DD12 was getting stuck doing SD13 until it came to folding it then she would leave it in the dryer...lol DH got mad at her and told her she needed to fold it too. So I told DD to do her own and leave SD's in the basket and she can do her own while she is there. Well, it pissed DH off.. I explained that my kids do their own so she can do hers herself as well.

Chaoz_Girl7311
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 4:08 PM

DH has SD EOWE, Tuesdays overnight and Thursdays from 330-8. Tuesdays and the weekends we have her she comes to our house with clothes her mommy dresses her in, most of the time they go home washed.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN