Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

Do you do your stepkids' laundry?

Posted by   + Show Post
I was going to just ask the moms who have 50/50 but on 2nd thought, I'd love to hear from everyone.

I just started doing it because I hate that my bf waits until the kids have no clothes left. So I started taking on his, and his 2 youngest. His oldest is 8 and I think she got embarrassed that I was doing her laundry, so she said she wanted to learn to do her own. My only dd is 13 and does her own.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 3:25 PM
Replies (21-30):
andie646c
by Silver Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 4:09 PM

My OSS is 10, he still wets the bed. His dad has him put his own sheets and bed stuff in the washer.

Quoting viv212:

So no one really complains then huh? That's good to know.

Except for the SM who's 13 year old skid still has accidents. That would drive me up the wall.

saywhat2102
by Gold Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 4:09 PM
2 moms liked this
Sandee's husband?! Bahahahahahahahaha :-D

Quoting andie646c:

I love the pods too! I almost enjoy laundry with those, lol. Now if only there were something that would fold for me. :p

Quoting saywhat2102:

I'm a csm. I do my stepson's, my husbands and my laundry.

I wash, dry and fold/hang up. They put them away.

I really hate doing laundry. Those tide pod things are my new best friends though. Makes it a little easier :-D. Yay me lol

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
saywhat2102
by Gold Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 4:10 PM
See above :-) he's services are needed ;-)

Quoting sandeeyo:

DH does it most of the time.  He almost always gets to it before I do.  So yes, we do our skids laundry, but no, most of the time it's not me! lol

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
meerkat101
by Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 4:13 PM
NCSM
I do the laundry for the clothes SD wears at our house (we buy clothes for when she is here).

I don't do clothes that needs to go back to BMs nor do I do her school uniforms.
I was told on several occasions that I did it "wrong" so I stopped. Wrong detergent, wrong softener, ironed the wrong way, etc. Hehe.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sandeeyo
by Le Bonjour Chat on Feb. 18, 2013 at 4:29 PM
1 mom liked this

Shit, he doesn't fold my laundry! LOL  He looks at my panties and throws them across the bed like how the FUCK do you fold these damn things! lol

Quoting saywhat2102:

See above :-) he's services are needed ;-)

Quoting sandeeyo:

DH does it most of the time.  He almost always gets to it before I do.  So yes, we do our skids laundry, but no, most of the time it's not me! lol

pepper504
by Gold Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 4:31 PM

Nope.  In fact, not sure who does his laundry.  Not sure if he brings it home to his mom's to get done or what.  The kids are old enough to know where it goes if it needs to be washed.  I have not done his laundry in YEARS.  It's a battle that I am not picking to fight.  KWIM?

Sondi7
by Sondra on Feb. 18, 2013 at 4:35 PM

I do all the laundry. Dh does it occasionally.

1SpaZZedMom
by Librarian on Feb. 18, 2013 at 4:41 PM

I would do SKs laundry and request that they put their clothes away. The reason I stopped putting their clothes away is because by the time they were out the door for school, every.single.piece.of.clothing was on the GROUND! Fine, you want to walk on your clothes, go for it! You want to claim they're dirty bc you walked on them? Here's how the washer and dryer works! =/

Mommyof5247
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 4:42 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm CSM, BM & SAHM so I do laundry for all 8 of us. My teens & skids have to put their own clothes away after I fold & organize, I of course handle DH's & the babies' (even though DD2 loves to help). I actually don't mind doing laundry as long as I'm not getting last minute "clothing orders".
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MomGoingCrazy78
by Lindy Lou on Feb. 18, 2013 at 4:43 PM

I am a 50/50 SM. I do everyone's laundry just because I'm really picky about how it's done. I've taught DD11 and SD10 how to do their laundry, and on occasion, they will do it. Mostly I wash, dry, they all fold and put away their own stuff. DH ruined too much of my stuff early on, that's why I do it all now! ;)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)