Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

Do you do your stepkids' laundry?

Posted by   + Show Post
I was going to just ask the moms who have 50/50 but on 2nd thought, I'd love to hear from everyone.

I just started doing it because I hate that my bf waits until the kids have no clothes left. So I started taking on his, and his 2 youngest. His oldest is 8 and I think she got embarrassed that I was doing her laundry, so she said she wanted to learn to do her own. My only dd is 13 and does her own.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 3:25 PM
Replies (31-40):
PumpkinSpice8
by Silver Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 4:47 PM
I'm a BM, but DD's SF does her laundry often. And either DH or I wash the clothes that DD comes home in from her EOWEs at BDs and we send them back clean.
girlcitycountry
by Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 4:47 PM

I am CSM to an 18 SS and mom to an almost 16 DD. The kids usually do their own laundry unless something comes up then I will do it for them. Right now we are having problems with the washing machine and if you don't pay attention to it water will overflow. I've already had one small river on my floor I don't need another one. So until DH fixes the machine I prefer to do laundry. It is no big deal to me.

destiny83
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 5:10 PM

Yes I do all the laundry. Yikes my SD is 12 and soon should learn to do her own. I forsee it being more work to get her in the habit than doing it myself, but she needs to learn...ugh

Tinkerbellmama
by Platinum Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 5:11 PM

We are a family of 6, DH, myself, SD, and 3 other children. Our kids are SD 12, DS 10, DD 6, and DD 4. SD and DS help with the laundry, as well as DH when he's home. I do a majority of the laundry, but the kids all put away their own clothes.

leegirl_jm
by Ruby Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 5:17 PM

No, I used to send the dirty laundry by to BM since SS only visited EOWend and DH doesn't do laundry.

Wife, Mother and Career Woman living in Jamaica

lovehimforever
by Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 5:19 PM

we have sd everyother weekend. and i do not do her laundry when she is here. i have no problem doing it. however the reason i do not do it because the last time i did her mother bitched. so since there is no making her mom happy. i said screw it. 

Birdseed
by Platinum Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 5:46 PM

The kids started being responsible for their own laundry (minus towels) a few years ago.  Mostly because I was tired of hearing at 10pm that they just HAD to have a certain pair of pants/shirt/whatever for school tomorrow which meant that we were up til midnight doing laundry.

If DH or I are throwing in a load and have room, we'll often ask if they have anything they want me to throw in with, but generally speaking, they do their own.  Both here and now at Mom's.  Which is kind of funny because Mom was really ticked when we first started this and said it was a "parent's job".  

I figure that by the time you're a teenager, it's okay to be responsible for your own laundry.  <shrugs>  I knew kids in college though who A) didn't know how to do laundry and B) had folks who would drive, often an hour or more, just to get the kids' laundry.  No joke.  My HS/College boyfriend was like that.  So was my husband as it turns out.  funny though, he is the one who does the majority of the laundry these last few years.  I'm great at getting it going, but I hate folding/putting away.  

newwife1
by Silver Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 5:49 PM

Nope. Not my job.

LittleMama2012
by Silver Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 6:03 PM
Dh and I both do laundry. SD helps fold and can transfer from washer to dryer.
mom2boys664
by Bronze Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 6:12 PM

I do everyones laundry - but dh will if I ask him to.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)