Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

Full Face Makeup on a 12 year old

Posted by   + Show Post

Poll

Question: Is full face makeup with bright red lipstick and black eyeliner appropriate on a 12 year old at a school function?

Options:

Yes

No

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 49

View Results

DH's sister has a picture with her and my SD's makeup looks slutty.  I guess she wants to upset DH.  He doesn't like it at all!  He also told his sister and ex-wife that she was to young to wear it like that. 

by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 12:43 AM
Replies (21-30):
AnnaNonamus
by Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 12:07 PM
1 mom liked this

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if she forgot her underwear, too.

Quoting packermomof2:

Quoting AnnaNonamus:

This was taken on this girls 13th birthday. This is a full face of makeup.

She forgot her pants.  

Birdseed
by Platinum Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 12:09 PM
1 mom liked this

Think back to when you were a tween/teen.  Did you experiment with makeup or at least think about it?  Were there battles about lipgloss or mascara?  How cool was it when someone would let you get all done up?

For a one time thing...a special occasion...I really don't see the point in getting rattled.

Would I encourage my own (imaginary) daughter to be wearing a bunch of makeup and go out dressed like a hooch? Nope.  

BUT, I also wouldn't get my hackles up over this.  

In fact, if Dad is so concerned, he might get DD a little makeover deal at a nice store to teach her how to properly use makeup.

I would stay out of it as SM.

My SDs were allowed to wear lip gloss and mascara to school.  Youngest SD started earlier (around 11) because older SD was getting to do it.  Wasn't a hill to die on.  

If you REALLY believe that DH's sister and BM conspired to do this to get a reaction from DH then the best remedy is to not react and give them the satisfaction.  I suspect however, that wasn't the case and they were just trying to have fun on a special occasion.

mrsboomtastic
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 12:24 PM

Quoting AnnaNonamus:

NO WAY!!! they looked dressed to go to a night club!, she looks like shes pulling down her short dress too

AnnaNonamus
by Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 12:38 PM

Technically, she IS dressed to go to a nightclub. This is Noah Cyrus- she celebrated her 13th birthday last month- in an LA nightclub with her family. And yeah, she spent the night pulling on that skirt, I'm sure.

Quoting mrsboomtastic:

Quoting AnnaNonamus:

NO WAY!!! they looked dressed to go to a night club!, she looks like shes pulling down her short dress too

FloridaMomma
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 12:57 PM
That's funny. I was thinking she looked like Miley Cyrus.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Tigress22304
by Ruby Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 1:00 PM

Quoting AnnaNonamus:

this is NOTHING compared to how my sd11 and her friends do their makeup-looks like this girl just has on bright red lipstick...that's not a big deal...

krazykiddles
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 6:54 PM
She is not my kid so it isn't my problem. I don't have the picture since I am not SD aunt's friend on FB.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
KLBrown
by Bronze Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 8:59 PM

depends on the function. anything with lighting that would make her look washed out, sure, do it up.

Lslk
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 6:47 AM

Nope. I will not let my 12 year old wear make up at all, well maybe lip gloss but that is it. I see other little girls wearing make up and find it to look funny on them.

Dana333810
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 7:13 AM

ETA: Just found out through comments that this isn't your SD. My bad! *SMH*

I would CERTAINLY be more worried about her clothing choice, rather than the make up if I were your DH!!!

Quoting AnnaNonamus:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN