Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

Read through bm's arrest reports

Posted by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 10:56 AM
  • 13 Replies
Dh's lawyer told him if he has any chance at getting 50/50 he would have to get her arrest records and police reports, so he did.

At first I was just curious then I was really sad for ss. I really didnt think it was going to be as bad as they were :( Im not for bashing bm's cause I know nobodies perfect but DAMN! Homegirl needs to get it together for their toddler...

If she doesnt settle on some form of 50/50 in mediation dh wants to go to trial and have mental evals and the works done ugh
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 10:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Rae706
by Silver Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 11:00 AM
1 mom liked this

Details please... just cuz I'm nosey!

mouthyhousewife
by Silver Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 11:03 AM
I didn't know you could get other people's arrest records like that. How does that work?
feliciasmith
by Bronze Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 11:08 AM
They're public records. Just go to the police dept they were filed at and request them Usually they're free but bm's were over 50 pages long for just 2 arrests dh had for pay like 15 bucks for em

Quoting mouthyhousewife:

I didn't know you could get other people's arrest records like that. How does that work?

WifeyC
by Platinum Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 11:08 AM

Quoting mouthyhousewife:

Go to the police station and request it.

WifeyC
by Platinum Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 11:08 AM

If BM is this bad why is he willing to do 50/50 instead of full?

progressandjoy
by Silver Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 11:11 AM

If you request they go through evaluations, it’s likely they’ll request you go through it too.

We’d heard that SF had anger issues (through a close friend that works with him), but we treated it as hearsay until he and BM broke into our house and attacked DH. We saw a lawyer the next morning and asked if we could file motions to request that BM and SF have an evaluation and go through anger management. Our lawyer told us that we could do that, but it would just cost us more money, because it would prolong the custody battle. He said if we demanded they do it, they’d demand that we do it, too.

We ended up not going to court. BM had been threatening it for a year, but after she and SF received their charges, she suddenly decided it would be best if we worked together and followed the CO. So far, things have worked out, but we keep the police reports in the important paperwork box, in case we need it in the future.

OvrMyHead
by Silver Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 11:11 AM

I was wondering this same thing.

Quoting WifeyC:

feliciasmith
by Bronze Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 11:20 AM
Oh man there's 50+ pages of details I dont even know where to start. The dui's we knew of but the reports on them blew my mind on how she acted and talked to the police officer both times and she stated she was on her way to pick ss up from the sitter completely trashed!

The assault charges...there were 3 witnesses all with the same story, her being the agressor, then her statement of being a vicitim. She was charged with the dv though not him. OH and she stated her live-in bf always carried a gun so she felt threatened. So her mr.wonderful was a thug w/ warrejts himself.

It goes on and on and on, I was really trying to gain her perspective too and have some mutual respect and it all just went out the window.

Quoting Rae706:

Details please... just cuz I'm nosey!

feliciasmith
by Bronze Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 11:27 AM
Bm has withheld dh from ss for a yr, told him she was leaving state and all. Dh would love full but our lawyer said its best to try and settle in mediation, that was before the police reports though. He'll fax them to his lawyer today and see what she wants him to do then

Quoting OvrMyHead:

I was wondering this same thing.

Quoting WifeyC:

faerie75
by Platinum Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 11:31 AM

how old are the reports?

my SO has two strikes and a VERY LONG rap sheet with a violent felony. but they are old. BM2 used them in court but to be honest, the court evaluator was most hung up on the fact she accused him of being a drunk and he had a past DUI. despite that he still ended up w joint.

good luck in court tho0ugh, if she is still living this lifestyle i hope they find whatever is in teh kids best interest.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)