Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

Step Child Wedding

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 6:00 PM
  • 17 Replies

How do you handle a situation when the step daughter is getting married and has her two biological siblings in the wedding, her two young step sisters, but leaves out her young step brother?  She and I do not get along and this will not make the relationship easier.  So far I've said nothing.

by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 6:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Panda113
by Bronze Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 6:05 PM
2 moms liked this
You do nothing. It's her day and she gets to invite who she wants. No need to take it personal.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
JacyB
by Bronze Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 6:10 PM
1 mom liked this
What is there to say? It's not your call or any of you business. If you know that you're incapable of having the self control necessary to behave appropriately at the wedding, then you decline the invitation .
ruggy03
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 6:16 PM
Wouldnt this be the grooms choice?I think you could find fun ways to make him feel better if hes that upset.if its just you thats upset than i wouldnt let on about it.
CodeBlue
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 6:17 PM
I probably won't even invite my step-siblings to my wedding. Not because I hate them or anything, but I don't have a close enough relationship with them to even think "Oh I want them to share in my special day."

Your son is still invited. So he's not in the wedding. So what? You do nothing because there is nothing for you to do. It is not your decision.
sunshinedaisy75
by Bronze Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 6:30 PM
It's not your business, if the young stepbrother is old enough to say something it should be up to him to bring it up if it bothers him.
whatIknownow
by Emerald Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 6:37 PM

How old is he? can he be an usher, or can he hand out the programs?

lnr187
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 6:39 PM

you can't possibly include everyone in the wedding. i have a ton of cousins and had to pick and choose who to have be a part of the wedding party. i wouldn't take it personally, and im assuming as a boy, your son won't either.

misunderstood2
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 10:20 PM

I really do appreciate your replies.  It gives me a new look on it.  It's out of my control and it's not my business.  Makes life easier that way.  I thank you all for your feedback!

MrsSufi
by Bronze Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 10:26 PM
1 mom liked this

It sounds like she asked all the girl relatives.  at best you could offer that he hand out programs or something and if she says no, then let it be.

OvrMyHead
by Silver Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 9:34 AM

General comment about stepfamilies and life events.  I find these to be sooooo stressful!  I went through one of these last year (not a wedding, teenage rite of passage) and it almost destroyed my marriage and totally altered my relationship with my skids, unfortunately. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN