Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

Boy / Girl Slumber Party, Seriously!?

Posted by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 2:01 PM
  • 21 Replies

My DH and I just found out his ex-wife has told my SD (age 12) that she can have a boy / girl slumber party this year for her birthday.  Everyone gets to stay the night including the boys. I think this is a crazy idea and she is asking for trouble!  My DH is also really upset but doesn't know what he can do to stop it since it is at her house.  When he called her on it she said she didn't understand why he was so upset and she thought it would be fun for the kids.  This coming from a woman that got pregnant with her first son at 15 from a one night stand makes me honestly hope history will not repeat itself. 

by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 2:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jlg12678
by Gold Member on Feb. 27, 2013 at 2:03 PM

Do the parents of the kids who will be/are invited know that it's mixed? I personally would not send my kid to a mixed sleepover at that age unless I really knew/trusted the parents and knew it was heavily supervised.

stepmom_blues36
by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 2:07 PM

I have no idea if that will go in the invite or not.  I agree with you I would never let my kid go to a mixed slumber party and I hope those invited will feel the same.  SD has become really boy crazy in the last few months and I just don't see how any good can come from this at all.

Quoting jlg12678:

Do the parents of the kids who will be/are invited know that it's mixed? I personally would not send my kid to a mixed sleepover at that age unless I really knew/trusted the parents and knew it was heavily supervised.

LovingMy2x4
by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 2:10 PM

This party will probably never happen. I cant imagine any parent letting their 12 year old go to a co-ed sleepover party. Unless it was like with cousins or something. 

raerae725
by Silver Member on Feb. 27, 2013 at 2:11 PM

Co-ed sleep overs are a touchy subject in this house.  I don't think they are a good idea, but with DS being here all but 5 weeks out of the summer and SD being here every other week I have had to loosen up some of my restrictions.  Thankfully the boys DS wants over most of the time are SD's bio cousins. 

MommySabs
by Gold Member on Feb. 27, 2013 at 2:17 PM
Even if it wasn't on the invites, the boys who were invited it would be apparent it was a party for a girl. All you can do is hope that those parents have better judgement.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rebeccasmly
by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 2:36 PM

I would never allow a co-ed sleepover at that age. As it is, when my nephews spend the night, we do not allow our girls to camp out in the family room with the boys anymore. We use to when they were 4/5 years old but I don't think its happened since my oldest daughter was 7 or so.

My Dh would fight it as far as he could but then again he has sole custody so he may be able to get farther, I honestly don't know.

blueeyegirl1987
by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 2:41 PM
No I would not allow it.
stepmom_blues36
by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 2:44 PM

I should have added the invites are just SD telling her friends at school.  It's not like the BM to actually send out something to the other parents.  I don't agree with it but SD friends do the same thing.  Also her brother is only a grade up from her so they have some friends in common and I can see the boys saying they are staying with SS and the girls saying the are staying with SD.  The BM is very relaxed with the kids and we wouldn't be so upset if we didn't think the party would not actually happen or trust them enough to be honest about the situation. 

pdxmum
by Ruby Member on Feb. 27, 2013 at 3:42 PM

I'm confused...  How is that a coed sleepover?

Quoting raerae725:

Co-ed sleep overs are a touchy subject in this house.  I don't think they are a good idea, but with DS being here all but 5 weeks out of the summer and SD being here every other week I have had to loosen up some of my restrictions.  Thankfully the boys DS wants over most of the time are SD's bio cousins. 

thatislife
by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 3:49 PM

Um, your dh didn't find her getting pregnant at 15 from a one night stand a stopper to creating more kids with her unless he was the one night stand and participated?  I think you should stay out of it, good chance not a lot of kids will show up anyways.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN