Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

just curious

Posted by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 10:24 AM
  • 7 Replies

if anyone has a really good relationship with their stepkids mom (the ex).  I have to say that our family is blessed that I and my stepsons mom get along great for the most part.  We have issues with each other from time to time but we are pretty friendly.  I am actually heading up to meet her to pick up one of the ss for a longer visit with Dad (he's working) and we are planning to have lunch and catch up on what's going on with just ourselves....

by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 10:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
WifeyC
by Platinum Member on Mar. 1, 2013 at 10:26 AM

We did, and then she got married.

progressandjoy
by Silver Member on Mar. 1, 2013 at 12:06 PM

During the first year and a half, I would have never believed that BM and I could be anything more than awkwardly tense around one another. However, in the past six months I’ve been pleasantly surprised.

While I doubt we’ll ever get the point where we’ll have lunch and paint each other’s toenails, we have gotten to a point where we can have friendly chitchat that doesn’t solely revolve around the cute things that SS does. I no longer feel awkward when I’m alone with BM, and BM has stopped trying to convince me that DH is a horrible person. I do feel like we’ve gotten to a point where we can be genuinely courteous and respectful of one another.

That being said, I’m still not ready to do other social things (that don’t include SS) with BM. She recently asked if she could host a Mary Kay party for me, my friends, and my family. I can’t imagine how awkward it would be for my friends (some of whom used to be friends with BM) or my family (who know of some of BM’s past behavior).

pepper504
by Platinum Member on Mar. 1, 2013 at 12:47 PM

I have no relationship with BM and love that. 

I had a really good relationship with my ex's now exwife when they were married.  The divorce got a bit ugly, my child got drug into it and honestly, I want nothing to do with her.  Ex's new GF/baby momma, she's a bit younger and insecure.  Do I see having any sort of civil/friendly relationship with her? Nope.  Do I plan on it?  Nope.

KLBrown
by Bronze Member on Mar. 1, 2013 at 7:49 PM
Yup, it's all good
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
newwife1
by Silver Member on Mar. 1, 2013 at 8:01 PM

I have no relationship with her.

My DH is the one who married and had a kid with her, not me. No reason for me to have anything to do with that woman.

TJandKarasMom
by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 9:54 AM

My relationship with BM is nonexistent.  SDs relationship with her is nonexistent at this point.  We have gone through times where we were more friendly than other times.  But overall, I can't stand her, I have lost all respect for her and I will never have a 'friendship' with her again after what she has put SD through.

I also don't have a relationship with my DSs SM but I tried.  I wanted to get to know her but my ex was very against it.  So I don't know her, she seems to dislike me, and it works.  DS is pretty well adjusted anyway, his dad and I speak when we have to and are very civil with each other.  I'm a friendly person by nature but it has taken years for me to understand it's ok if not everyone likes me and that I can't be friends with everyone, lol.

raerae725
by Silver Member on Mar. 2, 2013 at 4:16 PM
We get along fairly well.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN