Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

bm wants ss cell number

Posted by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 1:16 PM
  • 91 Replies
Dh and I got ss10 a cell phone that it's strictly for emergencies. Bm found out ss has a cell phone and wants ss number so she can call ss when she wants. Currently bm emails dh when she wants to talk to ss. Is it wrong for dh not to give bm ss cell number? Dh myself and ss's babysitter are the only ones who have his number. The cell phone gets turn off once ss gets home and doesn't go back on till the next morning for school.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 1:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Audreesmommy757
by New Member on Mar. 1, 2013 at 1:17 PM

why can't she have the number?

amantonacci
by Gold Member on Mar. 1, 2013 at 1:19 PM
Why would you not let his mother have his phone number? Do you think thats fair to make him keep that from her?
MommyTo5Boys
by Member on Mar. 1, 2013 at 1:20 PM

Depends on how involved she is in his life. If she is an involved parent that is mature and won't cause probs, then sure why wouldn't you give it to her. 

But if she is an uninvolved, immature mother who will only use it to cause probs then no I wouldn't. I am assuming that she is pretty uninvolved if all she does now is email you to talk to SS.

LilySlim Weight loss tickers
sleepymommy87
by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 1:21 PM
Uh, it's her child. Unless she's got some sort of crazy back story of abuse/neglect/losing custody, which then maybe I could understand the hesitation. But if not, and she just wants to talk to her kid then of course she should have his number.
HopesNDreams
by Silver Member on Mar. 1, 2013 at 1:23 PM
3 moms liked this
He had the cell phone for a specific purpose - emergencies only. BM has a way to contact him that works. I see no reason for her to have the number just to chat with him. She can get him a cell phone and pay for it if she feels he needs one for that purpose.
RMCmata
by Member on Mar. 1, 2013 at 1:43 PM
I don't think its matter of being fair. Its more that bm can't be trusted. She is bipolar and often doesn't take her meds. She on more than one occasion has sent dh drunk email rants. She use to call during these rants but dh turns his phone off at night to avoid it.

Quoting amantonacci:

Why would you not let his mother have his phone number? Do you think thats fair to make him keep that from her?

stepconfused182
by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 1:47 PM

Based on this, nope, I wouldn't give her the number. But my question is, does SS not know his own number? If he does, that's kind of putting him in a bad place to have to withhold that from her if she asks.

Quoting RMCmata:

I don't think its matter of being fair. Its more that bm can't be trusted. She is bipolar and often doesn't take her meds. She on more than one occasion has sent dh drunk email rants. She use to call during these rants but dh turns his phone off at night to avoid it.

Quoting amantonacci:

packermomof2
by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 1:47 PM

The babysitter even gets billing over mom.  Good one. 

Mom2Phoenix2011
by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 1:48 PM
1 mom liked this
The phone is not to be used regularly. It is not on all day. I see no reason for her to have the number. If it was s phone that he got to have on or use all day every day then yes she should.
MommySabs
by Gold Member on Mar. 1, 2013 at 1:49 PM
But if the child has the phone off then he won't be recieving the texts. Dh had to put more limitations on dss cell phone bc of inappropriate texting by bm. The phone goes on the charger on the counter at 9pm and dss can have it back before school.

Quoting RMCmata:

Quoting amantonacci:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)