Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

Is he REALLY being unreasonable to BM?

Posted by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 4:17 PM
  • 35 Replies

In DF's custody court order, it states that BM has to provide round trip airline tickets before being granted her visitation time with DF's daughter. DF is deploying and after the events of last year of her forging his signature and taking his daughter etc, he is nervous about her trying to pull some crap.

Well, he was emailing her about all the stuff they had to go over before he leaves soon. She informed him that she will be driving down to get his daughter. Um...no...you won't. Which is what DF told her and she told him that it is cheaper for her and that is what is happening. He gets that it is cheaper but he really does not trust that BM will bring her back. It has been her MO for the past two years. And so, he told her to reference the CO about the tickets and she just told him Wtv she is on vacation right now with her current fiance.

Is he really being unreasonable about this?? The judge put that in there. We have multiple reasons to not trust her about this sort of thing. I understand working with the other parent but every time DF has tried...she screwed him over. He is done playing nice and is just following the order. Is that so wrong??

by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 4:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CKuse
by Bronze Member on Mar. 1, 2013 at 4:38 PM
Why would her driving down there make any difference when it comes to whether she would return her or not?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
saywhat2102
by Gold Member on Mar. 1, 2013 at 4:41 PM

Well, even if she purchased a round trip ticket doesn't mean she wont put her on the plane to come back so the driving thing is kind of a moot point. 

He is well within his rights to follow the court order word for word if that's the route he chooses. 

WifeyC
by Platinum Member on Mar. 1, 2013 at 4:44 PM

There is nothing wrong with following the CO.  I agree with the other girls, if she buys a round trip ticket what is to guarentee she puts SD on the plane to come home?

CKuse
by Bronze Member on Mar. 1, 2013 at 4:46 PM
I agree though with following the co though. From what I've read from you she doesn't rally deserve flexibility.
laughnchica
by Silver Member on Mar. 1, 2013 at 4:56 PM
1 mom liked this
Well even if she doesn't put her back on plane....she would have to cancel that plane ticket and that would cost her money which she doesn't have much of which he thinks MIGHT deter her from NOT putting his daughter back on the plane. That's his line of thinking.
Birdseed
by Platinum Member on Mar. 1, 2013 at 5:03 PM

If she doesn't put her back on the plane, it's no different.

The only thing I can think of that might come into play is that if BF agrees to let her pick up via car without a round trip ticket, maybe it can "look like" he was giving authorization for her to keep the kiddo?  I would want to talk to an attorney first.  

For the most part, I see no big deal with the car trip. But it could potentially look like a permissive thing?

faerie75
by Platinum Member on Mar. 1, 2013 at 6:23 PM

the round trip ticket doesnt guarantee BM puts her on the plane back.

i guess all you can really do is benefit of the doubt. she is CO to return her correct? if she does not, alert the authorities.

luckystars2012
by Gold Member on Mar. 1, 2013 at 6:26 PM
How the he'll is she even getting her at all after the stunt she pulled faking the CO mod?
PumpkinSpice8
by Silver Member on Mar. 1, 2013 at 6:33 PM
1 mom liked this
Compromise... Car ride one way, plane ticket home? Idk. Shrugs. If you are worried, I would just stick with the CO. :)
Mommy0505
by Silver Member on Mar. 1, 2013 at 7:23 PM
4 moms liked this
Following the CO doesn't make him the bad guy.

If she wants to change the CO, then she needs to talk to the judge, so end of conversation. I'd say "let me know when you have the tickeys purchased" and not respond to anything else.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)