Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

she cries and I don't know what to do

Posted by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 9:18 AM
  • 18 Replies
Sds last visit with her mom was Christmas break her next one is at the beginning of April for spring break. Every time we go out on the weekends to do something fun she just burst into tears with I miss my mommy (first name). Everytime dh and I stop what we are doing and we hug her and talk to her. Last night I almost cried too. We went to the city museum in st Louis (its like a huge mcdonalds play place.) Then we went out to dinner. We were waiting for our table and she just started to cry. I dh asked what's wrong she wouldn't answer. I scooted next to her gave her a big hug and asked why she was crying she said I just miss my mommy S. I told her everything was going to be ok and that we were having fun. I asked her what her favorite part of the museum was. Then we went to our table and she actually wanted to set by me and color me a picture. (All her other things she colors are for daddy or mommy s and iin forced to hold on to mommy s's stuff until the next visit.) I loved every min of it but I wish whenever we go out shed enjoy every min of us being a family and not feel bad for not having family time with her mom.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 9:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Leigh84
by Silver Member on Mar. 3, 2013 at 9:44 AM
I think you handled it well at the restraunt. I would just try to comfort her and talk to her about how she's feeling. It will probably make her feel better to let it out and talk to somebody.
mamaBerg85
by Silver Member on Mar. 3, 2013 at 9:56 AM
Ill keep trying!

Quoting Leigh84:

I think you handled it well at the restraunt. I would just try to comfort her and talk to her about how she's feeling. It will probably make her feel better to let it out and talk to somebody.

KLBrown
by Bronze Member on Mar. 3, 2013 at 10:06 AM

she's how old?

mamaBerg85
by Silver Member on Mar. 3, 2013 at 10:14 AM
8 physically.

Quoting KLBrown:

she's how old?

KLBrown
by Bronze Member on Mar. 3, 2013 at 10:18 AM

based on the fact that you added "physically", may I assume her mental/emotional age is younger?

Quoting mamaBerg85:

8 physically.

Quoting KLBrown:

she's how old?

~Kristy
chanizen
by Platinum Member on Mar. 3, 2013 at 10:24 AM
1 mom liked this
This is normal. Kids do this. I just reassured dd when she was in this stage that it was ok for her to have fun and also ok for her to miss her dad. That she would have gobs of fun with him, I'm sure, when she saw him. But it was ok to have fun now and she could call him at the end of the day.
mamaBerg85
by Silver Member on Mar. 3, 2013 at 10:30 AM
Yes probably 5 or 6 mentality.

Quoting KLBrown:

based on the fact that you added "physically", may I assume her mental/emotional age is younger?

Quoting mamaBerg85:

8 physically.

Quoting KLBrown:

she's how old?

E_is_4_Ethan
by Platinum Member on Mar. 3, 2013 at 1:58 PM
1 mom liked this

Is she is therapy?

mamaBerg85
by Silver Member on Mar. 3, 2013 at 2:04 PM
No its a long story.

Quoting E_is_4_Ethan:

Is she is therapy?

Frustrated10
by Bronze Member on Mar. 3, 2013 at 9:18 PM

You did a great job by comforting her and being so kind! She's lucky to have you I'm sure. Just keep loving her no matter what.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)